Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > More 5D evidence...

More 5D evidence...

Skip M

"MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

> "Stacey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>l e o wrote:
>>>

> If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
> measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate. That's only $30 more than it
> costs to buy a set of 6 ink carts for it. -For that reason, I may just
> buy a second one to use at work...
>
> It does a great job of printing on printable CD/DVD discs...
> Fuji makes a great disc that is printable, but still silver.
> Costco sells a stack of 100 White printable TDK DVD-R discs for cheap.

Thanks for that info, Mark.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Kinon O'Cann

"Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> I am getting two, one for me, one for my wife...

Figures. Once again, I'm playing second fiddle.

Again, assuming this damn thing and that lens is real, I'm on board as soon
as possible, and all the film gear goes away. I might throw in a FF fisheye,
as well. Love those fisheyes.

Of course, I keep the 20D as a second body, and the 17-85 lens becaue that
combo is so damned good.

> --
> Skip Middleton
> http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

MarkČ

> "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Stacey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>l e o wrote:
>>>>

>> If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
>> measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate. That's only $30 more than it
>> costs to buy a set of 6 ink carts for it. -For that reason, I may just
>> buy a second one to use at work...
>>
>> It does a great job of printing on printable CD/DVD discs...
>> Fuji makes a great disc that is printable, but still silver.
>> Costco sells a stack of 100 White printable TDK DVD-R discs for cheap.
>>

> Thanks for that info, Mark.

Let me know if you get one, Skip, and I'll send you a few tips I've
discovered to get the discs printing just right.

-M

John McWilliams

MarkČ wrote:
> "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>>If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
>>>measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate. That's only $30 more than it
>>>costs to buy a set of 6 ink carts for it. -For that reason, I may just
>>>buy a second one to use at work...
>>>
>>>It does a great job of printing on printable CD/DVD discs...
>>>Fuji makes a great disc that is printable, but still silver.
>>>Costco sells a stack of 100 White printable TDK DVD-R discs for cheap.

>>Thanks for that info, Mark.

> Let me know if you get one, Skip, and I'll send you a few tips I've
> discovered to get the discs printing just right.

How 'bout posting such tips right here? I've got said machine- came
cheap with a G-5- and have printed all of two CDs.

--
John McWilliams

Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When we first practice to decieve

Skip M

"Kinon O'Cann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VOoMe.4$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>

>> I am getting two, one for me, one for my wife...

> Figures. Once again, I'm playing second fiddle.
>
> Again, assuming this damn thing and that lens is real, I'm on board as
> soon as possible, and all the film gear goes away. I might throw in a FF
> fisheye, as well. Love those fisheyes.
>
> Of course, I keep the 20D as a second body, and the 17-85 lens becaue that
> combo is so damned good.

At least one 20D stays, and we already have a 15mm fisheye, and finally, it
will act like one, and the 16-35 f2.8 will act like the wide zoom it's
rumored to be...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Skip M

Thanks, I'll do that...

--

> "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Stacey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>>

>>> If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for
>>> a measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate. That's only $30 more than it
>>> costs to buy a set of 6 ink carts for it. -For that reason, I may just
>>> buy a second one to use at work...
>>>
>>> It does a great job of printing on printable CD/DVD discs...
>>> Fuji makes a great disc that is printable, but still silver.
>>> Costco sells a stack of 100 White printable TDK DVD-R discs for cheap.
>>>

>> Thanks for that info, Mark.

> Let me know if you get one, Skip, and I'll send you a few tips I've
> discovered to get the discs printing just right.
>
> -M

Stacey

MarkČ wrote:

> "Stacey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print
>> CD's?

> I now have a printer entirely dedicated to printing CD/DVD labels.
>
> If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
> measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate.

Exactly my point..
--

Stacey

MarkČ

"Stacey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MarkČ wrote:
>

>> "Stacey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print
>>> CD's?

>> I now have a printer entirely dedicated to printing CD/DVD labels.
>>
>> If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
>> measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate.

> Exactly my point..
> --
>
> Stacey

And what point was that?

I can either buy paper sticker labels, creating extra trash, extrra cost,
extra hassle, extra mess, amateurish looks, and ink consumption...
....or I can print directly to disc with merely the ink.
Makes a great deal of sense to me.

What's the beef?

Father Kodak

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:49:34 -0400, Stacey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>l e o wrote:
>>

>> He's refering to the CD printing function of the Canon inkjets being
>> left out. It was the case for Epson printers too but now they include
>> the features in the north american models. I don't think this is what
>> Canon really want to do. Does anyone know the real reason? Likely
>> patents, I guess.

>The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print CD's?

This issue has been repeatedly discussed to death in
comp.periphs.printers. Consensus is that Canon USA refused to pay the
patent holder.

There have been repeated threads in that group about importing a
CD-print-capable printer into the US from Europe, and even some
threads about do-it-yourself modifications to "unlock" CD printing.

The real answer seems to be go buy a low-cost Epson printer! By the
way the new high-end Epson photo printers don't do CD's either.

Padre Kodak

Confused

"Kinon O'Cann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> > I am getting two, one for me, one for my wife...

I am getting one for me, THAT LOOK from my wife... ;^)

> Figures. Once again, I'm playing second fiddle.
>
> Again, assuming this damn thing and that lens is real, I'm on board as soon
> as possible, and all the film gear goes away. I might throw in a FF fisheye,
> as well. Love those fisheyes.
>
> Of course, I keep the 20D as a second body, and the
> 17-85 lens becaue that combo is so damned good.

I'll keep the 70-200 IS on my KIA 20D.

Jeff