Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > More 5D evidence...

Reply
Thread Tools

More 5D evidence...

 
 
MarkČ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kinon O'cann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005

"MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
news:OD9Me.1300$ct5.277@fed1read04...
> http://www.digitalkamera.de/Kameras/Canon-EOS-5D.asp


Well, if this is a hoax, I've been taken in. I haven't seen this much smoke
on the boards in quite a while. But here's hoping that two of the items, the
5D and 24-105L are real, since they would make me reach for my plastic in a
second. Full frame (yeah, I know...), an excellent walk-around/event lens,
and the ability to use all that glass that was designed for that frame size
is too good to resist. In fact, only the cost of the 1Ds or the 1DsII has
kept me away from that setup. Plus, the cameras are the size of the Titanic.

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
george
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
I guess if you've been waiting for a new Canon, you should be hoping that
this ISN'T like the Canon 9950 printer (Canon USA chooses NOT to sell it in
the U.S.).

"MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
news:OD9Me.1300$ct5.277@fed1read04...
> http://www.digitalkamera.de/Kameras/Canon-EOS-5D.asp
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
MarkČ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005

"george" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FsbMe.6735$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I guess if you've been waiting for a new Canon, you should be hoping that
>this ISN'T like the Canon 9950 printer (Canon USA chooses NOT to sell it in
>the U.S.).


I don't know of any Canon DSLRs that haven't made it to the US.
The differences have been in name only.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Skip M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
"Kinon O'cann" <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
> news:OD9Me.1300$ct5.277@fed1read04...
>> http://www.digitalkamera.de/Kameras/Canon-EOS-5D.asp

>
> Well, if this is a hoax, I've been taken in. I haven't seen this much
> smoke on the boards in quite a while. But here's hoping that two of the
> items, the 5D and 24-105L are real, since they would make me reach for my
> plastic in a second. Full frame (yeah, I know...), an excellent
> walk-around/event lens, and the ability to use all that glass that was
> designed for that frame size is too good to resist. In fact, only the cost
> of the 1Ds or the 1DsII has kept me away from that setup. Plus, the
> cameras are the size of the Titanic.
>
>>

>
>

Yeah, I just got a brand new AmEx Gold Business card. This would be just
the ticket to break it in, don't you think?

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
l e o
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
MarkČ wrote:
> "george" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FsbMe.6735$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I guess if you've been waiting for a new Canon, you should be hoping that
>>this ISN'T like the Canon 9950 printer (Canon USA chooses NOT to sell it in
>>the U.S.).

>
>
> I don't know of any Canon DSLRs that haven't made it to the US.
> The differences have been in name only.



He's refering to the CD printing function of the Canon inkjets being
left out. It was the case for Epson printers too but now they include
the features in the north american models. I don't think this is what
Canon really want to do. Does anyone know the real reason? Likely
patents, I guess.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Stacey
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
l e o wrote:
>
>
> He's refering to the CD printing function of the Canon inkjets being
> left out. It was the case for Epson printers too but now they include
> the features in the north american models. I don't think this is what
> Canon really want to do. Does anyone know the real reason? Likely
> patents, I guess.


The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print CD's?

--

Stacey
 
Reply With Quote
 
MarkČ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005

"Stacey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>l e o wrote:
>>
>>
>> He's refering to the CD printing function of the Canon inkjets being
>> left out. It was the case for Epson printers too but now they include
>> the features in the north american models. I don't think this is what
>> Canon really want to do. Does anyone know the real reason? Likely
>> patents, I guess.

>
> The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print
> CD's?


I do.
I am having a ball finally being able to produce professional-looking DVDs
with incredible-looking labels. It beats the pants off of using "Stomper
Labels" or the like.

I now have a printer entirely dedicated to printing CD/DVD labels.

If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate. That's only $30 more than it costs
to buy a set of 6 ink carts for it. -For that reason, I may just buy a
second one to use at work...

It does a great job of printing on printable CD/DVD discs...
Fuji makes a great disc that is printable, but still silver.
Costco sells a stack of 100 White printable TDK DVD-R discs for cheap.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Kinon O'Cann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005

"Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:22cMe.927$sw6.849@fed1read05...
> "Kinon O'cann" <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
>> news:OD9Me.1300$ct5.277@fed1read04...
>>> http://www.digitalkamera.de/Kameras/Canon-EOS-5D.asp

>>
>> Well, if this is a hoax, I've been taken in. I haven't seen this much
>> smoke on the boards in quite a while. But here's hoping that two of the
>> items, the 5D and 24-105L are real, since they would make me reach for my
>> plastic in a second. Full frame (yeah, I know...), an excellent
>> walk-around/event lens, and the ability to use all that glass that was
>> designed for that frame size is too good to resist. In fact, only the
>> cost of the 1Ds or the 1DsII has kept me away from that setup. Plus, the
>> cameras are the size of the Titanic.
>>
>>>

>>
>>

> Yeah, I just got a brand new AmEx Gold Business card. This would be just
> the ticket to break it in, don't you think?


Hell, give it good break in. Get two. Just let me know when and where I can
pick mine up.

>
> --
> Skip Middleton
> http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Skip M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
"Kinon O'Cann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OLmMe.1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:22cMe.927$sw6.849@fed1read05...
>> "Kinon O'cann" <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
>>> news:OD9Me.1300$ct5.277@fed1read04...
>>>> http://www.digitalkamera.de/Kameras/Canon-EOS-5D.asp
>>>
>>> Well, if this is a hoax, I've been taken in. I haven't seen this much
>>> smoke on the boards in quite a while. But here's hoping that two of the
>>> items, the 5D and 24-105L are real, since they would make me reach for
>>> my plastic in a second. Full frame (yeah, I know...), an excellent
>>> walk-around/event lens, and the ability to use all that glass that was
>>> designed for that frame size is too good to resist. In fact, only the
>>> cost of the 1Ds or the 1DsII has kept me away from that setup. Plus, the
>>> cameras are the size of the Titanic.
>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>

>> Yeah, I just got a brand new AmEx Gold Business card. This would be just
>> the ticket to break it in, don't you think?

>
> Hell, give it good break in. Get two. Just let me know when and where I
> can pick mine up.
>


I am getting two, one for me, one for my wife...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kamaelia 0.4.0 RELEASED - Faster! More Tools! More Examples! More Docs! ;-) Michael Python 4 06-26-2006 08:00 AM
With a Ruby Yell: more, more more! Robert Klemme Ruby 5 09-29-2005 06:37 AM
DVD Verdict reviews: SYLVESTER AND THE MAGIC PEBBLE AND MORE MAGICAL TALES and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 04-07-2005 08:10 AM
Sygate uses more and more memory? Louise Computer Security 0 06-01-2004 05:30 AM
Re: With More Flash More Lumix: using an external flash unit with the FZ1 and other digicams Hans-Georg Michna Digital Photography 4 08-24-2003 06:05 PM



Advertisments