Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Still shopping - which brands screw with color less?

Still shopping - which brands screw with color less?

salgud

I've posted here before and I'm still shopping for a P&S digital
camera. I've become aware that some manufacturers automatically
"enhance" the saturation of bright colors. I would prefer not to have
this, and it occured to me that this MIGHT be fairly consistent within
a brand's line of these low-end (<$250) consumer cameras.
I'd like comments/feedback about which brands, if any, do less of this
"enhancing" and which brands do more. So far, I've been told by a
salesman (seemed more reliable than most) that Canon does less, Kodak
does more. Can anyone add to this list, or even dispute it?
Thanks!

wavelength

I think that (non-empirical) from what I rememer Konica Minolta cameras
are generally very faithful to true color representation.

imaging-resource.com does a lot of reviews using Imatest to get true
color mapping variance. I'd head over there and check out the models
you're condsidering.

salgud

wavelength wrote:
> I think that (non-empirical) from what I rememer Konica Minolta cameras
> are generally very faithful to true color representation.
>
> imaging-resource.com does a lot of reviews using Imatest to get true
> color mapping variance. I'd head over there and check out the models
> you're condsidering.

Thanks for your reply. Will check out the KM's in particular. I have
been looking at reviews and at sample photos all over the place, was
just hoping to narrow the field a bit!