Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D70: Controllable via USB cable and software?

D70: Controllable via USB cable and software?

kmy@hiwaay.net

lars <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: Well, NC effectively equals the protocol at this time (ie, I would
: consider the transfer of the pic to PC to be part of the protocol). The
: question is, is there another option in the protocol to leave the pic in
: the camera? if there is, I haven't heard of it.

: What's the name of the Linux program? I assume someone would have had to
: do some reverse engineering (ie, protocol decoding/capture) to make such
: a program work. Maybe the author(s) know if there are other options.

: Lars

The link is:

http://ptp.sourceforge.net

This deals with the general ptp protocol used to communicate with the d70
and other dslrs. In addition are links to the other sites that discuss
control of dslrs using linux. There is a link to a site for nikon cameras,
but it was down, when I tried it today.