Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Logger solution Required

Logger solution Required

Proton Projects - Moin

Hi all,

I would like to build a logging solution...so that i can see the logs
in a GUI format...Trying to provide to functionality like sorting
using the severity, timestamps and filtering with severity.

I have gone through the java.util.logging package and got the idea of
achieving the above cases...

My Questions are...

1. How can i achieve the logs into the GUI
2. How can i provide the functionality that i mentioned in the first
pharagraph
3. If i am logging...where it will store the logs..so that i can use
it to display in the GUI

Kindly reply

Thanks
Moin

Mark Jeffcoat

"Proton Projects - Moin" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I would like to build a logging solution...so that i can see the logs
> in a GUI format...Trying to provide to functionality like sorting
> using the severity, timestamps and filtering with severity.

Such a good idea, somebody's already done it.

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/chainsaw.html

--
Mark Jeffcoat
Austin, TX