Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > wide angle lenses

wide angle lenses

Gregus Gábor

Hi!

I've got a Panasonic FZ-20 digital camera with 55 mm adapter. I would like
to buy a wide angle lens for this camera.
Can you recommend me one? (Exaxt type and model?) (The lens is 55mm, so I
bought the same size adapter, and I read in another forums that this size
adapter eliminates the vignetting with filters and additional lenses)
Any experiences with wide angle lenses for tis camera?

Thanx

Gabor

Proteus

Gregus Gábor wrote:
> I've got a Panasonic FZ-20 digital camera with 55 mm adapter. I would
> like to buy a wide angle lens for this camera.
> Can you recommend me one? (Exaxt type and model?) (The lens is 55mm, so I
> bought the same size adapter, and I read in another forums that this size
> adapter eliminates the vignetting with filters and additional lenses)
> Any experiences with wide angle lenses for tis camera?

I too would like to invest in a wide angle lens for my Canon 10D. Open to
ideas.

Don Wiss

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Gregus Gábor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've got a Panasonic FZ-20 digital camera with 55 mm adapter. I would like
>to buy a wide angle lens for this camera.

I've seen reports that the FZ-30 will have a wide angle adapter option. I'd
wait a month and see if it also will work with the FZ-20.

John A. Stovall

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:05:31 -0500, Proteus <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Gregus Gábor wrote:
>..
>> I've got a Panasonic FZ-20 digital camera with 55 mm adapter. I would
>> like to buy a wide angle lens for this camera.
>> Can you recommend me one? (Exaxt type and model?) (The lens is 55mm, so I
>> bought the same size adapter, and I read in another forums that this size
>> adapter eliminates the vignetting with filters and additional lenses)
>> Any experiences with wide angle lenses for tis camera?

>..
>
>I too would like to invest in a wide angle lens for my Canon 10D. Open to
>ideas.

Take a look at the Pelang 8mm.

http://www.kievcamera.com/camera.php?ID=14

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

Don Wiss

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, "Gregus Gábor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've got a Panasonic FZ-20 digital camera with 55 mm adapter. I would like
>to buy a wide angle lens for this camera.

Two new optional conversion lenses have been developed to enhance the
performance of the FZ30: the 1.7x tele-conversion lens (35mm equivalent:
714mm), and the 0.7x wide-conversion lens (35mm equivalent: 24.5mm).
Conversion lenses are optional accessories and must be purchased
separately.
Wide-Conversion lens
DMW-LW55 (0.7x)

Tele-Conversion lens
DMW-LT55 (1.7x)

If you do a google search on DMW-LW55 you will find a bunch of Japanese
sites selling it. On this site:

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl...30/option.html

Unfortunately it states "It is *FZ30 exclusive use."