Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ThumbsPlus: Add-In To Render .NEF Files?

ThumbsPlus: Add-In To Render .NEF Files?

Mark Roberts

"(PeteCresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Been playing around with my new D70s.
>
>Looks like it saves RAW in some kind of proprietary format that neither my old
>version of PhotoShop nor my latest-and-greatest (7.0) version of ThumbsPlus can
>deal with.
>
>I'm guessing a later version of PhotoShop will do the job there.
>
>Is there any hope for ThumbsPlus?

Do you have the latest DigiCam RAW plug-in for Thumbs Plus?
http://www.cerious.com/digicam_notes.shtml
--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing

(PeteCresswell)

Been playing around with my new D70s.

Looks like it saves RAW in some kind of proprietary format that neither my old
version of PhotoShop nor my latest-and-greatest (7.0) version of ThumbsPlus can
deal with.

I'm guessing a later version of PhotoShop will do the job there.

Is there any hope for ThumbsPlus?
--
PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell)

Per Mark Roberts:
>Do you have the latest DigiCam RAW plug-in for Thumbs Plus?
>http://www.cerious.com/digicam_notes.shtml

That did the trick.

Thanks.

Do you think there's any downside to just checking all doc types under
Options|Preferences|File Types|Camera?
--
PeteCresswell

Mike G.

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per Mark Roberts:
>
>>Do you have the latest DigiCam RAW plug-in for Thumbs Plus?
>>http://www.cerious.com/digicam_notes.shtml

> That did the trick.
>
> Thanks.

Thumbs Plus 7.0 is a wonderful program, and I love it dearly. Mark gave
you the tip that allows it to *read* the D70s .NEF files, but you
alluded to your older version of Photoshop, so you really don't have a
way to actually *process* the RAW files.

I would like to suggest you check out the following *free* app. I don't
know why it's free, but it's one of the true gems available on the web.
It will allow you to unlock some of the real powers of shooting RAW,
and you won't have to mortgage your (whatever) as you would for an
upgrade to PS CS2.

Rawshooter Essentials, by pixmantec
http://www.pixmantec.com/index2.html

Hope you enjoy it.
Mike

Accessing rails render method outside of view / Decorating render Glenn Gillen Ruby 0 11-17-2006 02:30 PM
FF can't render CSS anymore TrackZilla Firefox 2 10-21-2005 08:16 AM
Direct Render cameron Firefox 4 02-01-2005 08:07 PM
Cannot render XML card using MGCP on a Cisco IP phone. m3driver Cisco 0 01-10-2005 08:33 PM
Page.Render do not render complete page Lau Lei Cheong ASP .Net 1 05-15-2004 04:10 AM

Advertisments