Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New photo-blog

New photo-blog

Kevin

Keith Sheppard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> OK, I conceded that a more refined search did yield an answer, but whilst it
> may be possible to find the answer on Google, I don't see that it should be
> mandatory. I tend to treat newsgroup exchanges as casual conversations and
> it's much less hassle just to ask questions as and when they come to mind.

Keith,

My take on things is that your comment about "I've only been in the industry
for 20 years" (or similar) is what caused a more inflammatory response than
would otherwise have been warranted had we assumed you were new to computing.

Cheers..

Al A.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:15:56 GMT, "Keith Sheppard"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>While that is commendable Keith you perhaps should RTFM, in this case

>Google
>>>and Wikepedia really are the manual, you need to learn how to use them.

>Oh I am well aquainted with using Google. If I do a search on just "blog" I
>get 137 million hits. How many of these actually define the term and how
>many assume I know its meaning and want to give me other information, I
>don't know. Life is too short to find out.
>
>Sometimes its easier just to ask, and talking to humans is frequently more
>entertaining.
>
>Keith

Just a note for future reference, if you or anyone else here is not
aware, if you are looking for a word definition, enter into the Google
searce bar:

define:

followed by the word you want the definition for. It this particular
case you would use:

define: blog

Just another one of the neat things Google does. Note that I am not
trying to be sarcastic of infamatory here, I've been using computers
and the web for a long time myself, and just learned about this a
month or so ago. Other cool Google stuff here:

http://www.google.com/help/features.html

Hope that helps,
AL A.

Keith Sheppard

>>My take on things is that your comment about "I've only been in the
industry
>>for 20 years" (or similar) is what caused a more inflammatory response

than
>>would otherwise have been warranted had we assumed you were new to

computing.

Point taken. My excuse is that it is uncommonly warm for the time of year,
I had a particularly tricky software bug to fix and was feeling grouchy
yesterday. My apologies to anyone who felt inflamed.

Keith

Pete D

"Keith Sheppard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c3FKe.2034$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>My take on things is that your comment about "I've only been in the

> industry
>>>for 20 years" (or similar) is what caused a more inflammatory response

> than
>>>would otherwise have been warranted had we assumed you were new to

> computing.
>
> Point taken. My excuse is that it is uncommonly warm for the time of
> year,
> I had a particularly tricky software bug to fix and was feeling grouchy
> yesterday. My apologies to anyone who felt inflamed.
>
> Keith

Thats okay, I was being a bit of a wanker anyway. I hate the term myself
and think its use should be criminalised. .