Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Help, Just lost all the pictures of my compact flash??

Help, Just lost all the pictures of my compact flash??

Magicbaz

Hi
a friend had around 50 pictures on his 1gig CF. he viewed the pictures on
the camera and they were find, suddenly they all reduced in size and then it
came up with "card Error". i have just checked the Cf and it's unformatted
even drive recovery software reports nothing. I don't know what the camera
is but i will get in touch with him, but for now has anyone got any ideas??

Bill Hilton

>i have just checked the Cf and it's unformatted even drive
>recovery software reports nothing. I don't know what the camera
>is but i will get in touch with him, but for now has anyone got any ideas??

I just recovered 150 RAW files off a formatted (by mistake) CF card
last week, using Rescue Pro from Sandisk, so all is not lost. I got
this software free with a CF card purchase so don't know how you might
get it, but there are no doubt freeware or shareware programs available
that do this type of thing. Do a Google search on 'disk recovery' or
'file recovery software' or similar.

Bill

Mark Roberts

"Bill Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>i have just checked the Cf and it's unformatted even drive
>>recovery software reports nothing. I don't know what the camera
>>is but i will get in touch with him, but for now has anyone got any ideas??

>I just recovered 150 RAW files off a formatted (by mistake) CF card
>last week, using Rescue Pro from Sandisk, so all is not lost. I got
>this software free with a CF card purchase so don't know how you might
>get it, but there are no doubt freeware or shareware programs available
>that do this type of thing. Do a Google search on 'disk recovery' or
>'file recovery software' or similar.

This one works well:
http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_medi...uk/welcome.htm

--