Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 828 G.SHDSL Router and SDSL

Cisco 828 G.SHDSL Router and SDSL

njmoroniti@gmail.com

We will be getting SDSL service soon and I was wondering if the Cisco
828 G.SHDSL router will work with SDSL service. I understand both SDSL
and G.SHDSL are symetrical DSL technoliges, but I cannot find anywhere
in the cisco documentation that the 828 is actually cmpatible with
SDSL.

Thanks.

Matty M

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> We will be getting SDSL service soon and I was wondering if the Cisco
> 828 G.SHDSL router will work with SDSL service. I understand both SDSL
> and G.SHDSL are symetrical DSL technoliges, but I cannot find anywhere
> in the cisco documentation that the 828 is actually cmpatible with
> SDSL.
>
> Thanks.

Not that ive tried it but I dont see why it wouldnt work. However one thing
to note is that router is end of life/end of sale. It can only support up to
2.3MB down/up so you havent got much flexibility. Cant your ISP let you know
if it would work for sure?

Cheers

Matt

Doug McIntyre

"Matty M" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> We will be getting SDSL service soon and I was wondering if the Cisco
>> 828 G.SHDSL router will work with SDSL service. I understand both SDSL
>> and G.SHDSL are symetrical DSL technoliges, but I cannot find anywhere
>> in the cisco documentation that the 828 is actually cmpatible with
>> SDSL.
>>

>Not that ive tried it but I dont see why it wouldnt work. However one thing
>to note is that router is end of life/end of sale. It can only support up to
>2.3MB down/up so you havent got much flexibility. Cant your ISP let you know
>if it would work for sure?

More than likely, they'll have to ask the service provide which ITU
standard the SDSL line would come in as.

FWIW: Stock ITU G.SHDSL is only defined up to 2.3Mb up/down anyway,
its not a limitation of the hardware, but of the standard. Remember,
ADSL gets higher downlink speed because it is sacraficing uplink speed.

This model has been EOL'd most likely because it is 3 gens out. There's
the later models 838 and the 878 versions as well.

SDSL is a generic name. Could mean lots of things. More than likely,
they are providing ITU G.SHDSL and this router will work fine, but ask
them, you have to match them, not guesses the Net community can make
for you.

Cisco 1841 and SDSL WIC Card RC Cisco 2 01-20-2008 10:36 PM
CISCO 828 SDSL Config RC Cisco 2 02-15-2007 03:21 PM
Re: Cisco 828 SDSL Router Stuart Harvey Cisco 0 07-13-2005 11:02 AM
G.SHDSL 828-to-828 Lars L. Christensen Cisco 2 12-17-2004 03:40 PM
rate-limiting cisco 1760 sdsl-wic Jeroen Cisco 0 01-05-2004 11:46 AM

Advertisments