Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon remote switch

Canon remote switch

Peter Twydell

I just bought an RS60-E3 on ebay, so no instructions.

OK, I know, just stick it in and push, but what I want to know is: what
is the purpose of the hole at the bottom end of the case? Anything
inserted would only make contact with one leaf of the switch, so what's
it for?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Jim Shaffer

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 00:06:32 GMT, Peter Twydell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just bought an RS60-E3 on ebay, so no instructions.
>
>OK, I know, just stick it in and push, but what I want to know is: what
>is the purpose of the hole at the bottom end of the case? Anything
>inserted would only make contact with one leaf of the switch, so what's
>it for?

I never even noticed there was a hole, nor do I remember reading
anything about it in the instructions, if it even *had* instructions.
(I have one purchased new in box, but I don't know where the
instructions are if I kept them.)

PanHandler

"VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
"Jim Shaffer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 00:06:32 GMT, Peter Twydell
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I just bought an RS60-E3 on ebay, so no instructions.
>>
>>OK, I know, just stick it in and push, but what I want to know is: what
>>is the purpose of the hole at the bottom end of the case? Anything
>>inserted would only make contact with one leaf of the switch, so what's
>>it for?

That's just a hole to park the connector after you've wrapped the cord
around the unit, to keep it from unwinding and getting tangled in your bag.
I wish Canon had done the same thing with the RS-80N3.

PanHandler

> That's just a hole to park the connector after you've wrapped the cord
> around the unit, to keep it from unwinding and getting tangled in your
> bag. I wish Canon had done the same thing with the RS-80N3.

Actually, there's a hole in the side of the RS-80N3 that appears to have the
same function, but it's only a place to park the Remote Jack cap used on
some bodies.

Peter Twydell

In message <fdeJe.20486$(E-Mail Removed)>, PanHandler
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>> That's just a hole to park the connector after you've wrapped the cord
>> around the unit, to keep it from unwinding and getting tangled in your
>> bag. I wish Canon had done the same thing with the RS-80N3.

>Actually, there's a hole in the side of the RS-80N3 that appears to have the
>same function, but it's only a place to park the Remote Jack cap used on
>some bodies.

Thanks for the information. It also explains the grooves that the cord
slots into when you wrap it around the body!
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!