Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: Cisco 877 won't sync with Versatel DSLAM (Netherlands)

Re: Cisco 877 won't sync with Versatel DSLAM (Netherlands)

Innkeeper

We have had this problem with 877W routers connecting to Fujitsu DSLAMs
in the UK. Various forums have suggested that changes to dsl
operating-mode will fix the problem but we have found the only solution
to be a pre-release IOS upgrade which has fixed the problem.
We have had 800 of these routers just manufactured and shipped all with
the older IOS. After upgrading the routers we have installed over 150
with no problems.

The problem has been dicussed on the Cisco web site but I cannot
rememeber exactly where.

Hope this helps
Paul Elliott

Ronald de Leeuw

"Innkeeper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> We have had this problem with 877W routers connecting to Fujitsu DSLAMs
> in the UK. Various forums have suggested that changes to dsl
> operating-mode will fix the problem but we have found the only solution
> to be a pre-release IOS upgrade which has fixed the problem.
> We have had 800 of these routers just manufactured and shipped all with
> the older IOS. After upgrading the routers we have installed over 150
> with no problems.
>
> The problem has been dicussed on the Cisco web site but I cannot
> rememeber exactly where.
>
> Hope this helps
> Paul Elliott

Thank you for your reaction. Could you please tell me exactly which IOS
version you are using now on the 877W's (including feature set) ?

Ronald de Leeuw