Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > digital darkroom

digital darkroom

Don Stauffer

Nah, that stuff is to stop analog light. You need to stop only digital
light- you need a ones and zeros filter

> In preparing to buy my first digital camera, I've been looking into a
> digital darkroom. My main question is how to get my office dark enough
> to develop the digital images on my computer? Do I have to get blackout
> shrouds for the windows and doors? Do I need to replace my office lamp
> with a red bulb when I working on my pictures? What about one of those
> light trap doors for the office with a warning light above to let
> people know I'm working in my digital darkroom and prevent them from
> walking in and spoiling my work? I want the highest quality images so I
> want to do it right.
> Thanks in advance!

Clark Martin

In article <TppJe.36$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Don Stauffer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Nah, that stuff is to stop analog light. You need to stop only digital
> light- you need a ones and zeros filter
>

> > In preparing to buy my first digital camera, I've been looking into a
> > digital darkroom. My main question is how to get my office dark enough
> > to develop the digital images on my computer? Do I have to get blackout
> > shrouds for the windows and doors? Do I need to replace my office lamp
> > with a red bulb when I working on my pictures? What about one of those
> > light trap doors for the office with a warning light above to let
> > people know I'm working in my digital darkroom and prevent them from
> > walking in and spoiling my work? I want the highest quality images so I
> > want to do it right.
> > Thanks in advance!

You need a switch on the monitor to kill the Blue and Green guns. You
only want the Red Gun active.

I'm not that up on it but I think you need several chemical disks, fixer
and whatever else, depending on what process your memory card needs.

--
Clark Martin