Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Anybody know if the SanDisk SDDR-95-A15 xD card reader is any good?

Anybody know if the SanDisk SDDR-95-A15 xD card reader is any good?

f2racer@covad.net

I've got a fujifilm e550 on the way. I already have card readers for
every other flash ram format, except xD (which the e550 uses), so I'm
looking for something cheap and simple. This reader can be had for
around $15 shipped... Does anybody have any experience with this
reader?

Thanks!

Colin D

> I've got a fujifilm e550 on the way. I already have card readers for
> every other flash ram format, except xD (which the e550 uses), so I'm
> looking for something cheap and simple. This reader can be had for
> around $15 shipped... Does anybody have any experience with this
> reader?
>
> Thanks!

Not that particular model, but I have a Sandisk SDDR-86 which works
well, as I would expect from a manufacturer like Sandisk.

Colin D.

ASAAR

On 1 Aug 2005 07:51:09 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I've got a fujifilm e550 on the way. I already have card readers for
> every other flash ram format, except xD (which the e550 uses), so I'm
> looking for something cheap and simple. This reader can be had for
> around $15 shipped... Does anybody have any experience with this
> reader?

Simpler (but probably not cheaper) would be a card adapter. I use
an xD <=> CF adapter since my reader can handle CF cards but not xD
cards. Can't get simpler than this, and it's very small, no bigger
than a CF card [ obviously ]. In addition, even though the xD
card is for my Fuji camera, with the adapter I've been able to use
xD cards in my much older Canon cameras that only have CF slots.