Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to get prints with a datestamp on them

How to get prints with a datestamp on them

Michael Poole

I have a Canon A80 camera which includes date and time taken in the EXIF
data within the .JPG image files that it produces.

My computer is an Apple iBook with macOS X, and I use iPhoto to manage
the image files.

Can anyone recommend a program that runs on macOS that will print images
with superimposed datestamps derived from this data?

An alternative would be a program that modifies the image part of the
..JPG to include an image of text representing such a datestamp.

Looking through the archives of this group indicates that a Windows
program Exifer could do this - but my only PC is a very old one with
Windows 95 on which this program is said not to run.
--
Michael Poole
15 Heather Close, STROUD, GL5 3QY

arouth@radiology.umsmed.edu

Greetings! If your camera has a "picture postcard" setting then it
will probably print the date and time. The problem will be the picture
resolution will be 1600 x 1200 instead of 4 MP resolution. I hope this
helps. With thanks.

Shawn Hirn

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Michael Poole <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a Canon A80 camera which includes date and time taken in the EXIF
> data within the .JPG image files that it produces.
>
> My computer is an Apple iBook with macOS X, and I use iPhoto to manage
> the image files.
>
> Can anyone recommend a program that runs on macOS that will print images
> with superimposed datestamps derived from this data?
>
> An alternative would be a program that modifies the image part of the
> .JPG to include an image of text representing such a datestamp.
>
> Looking through the archives of this group indicates that a Windows
> program Exifer could do this - but my only PC is a very old one with
> Windows 95 on which this program is said not to run.

Check http://www.versiontracker.com where you can probably find a
shareware package to do what you want.

datestamp? Valerie Computer Support 2 12-29-2007 02:31 PM
Datestamp on Olympus Stylus mju 720/725/770 sw The One Digital Photography 2 07-20-2007 05:47 AM
Removing Datestamp bilvihur@localnet.com Digital Photography 6 08-11-2005 10:21 AM
MMYYYY - datestamp Zee Zop Perl 5 10-01-2004 08:48 PM

Advertisments