Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > digital camera movie clips on dvd?

digital camera movie clips on dvd?

mountain

I'm having trouble making a dvd from over 100 movie clips taken from a still
digital camera that also does 30 second movie clips at 15fps at 640 x 480
resolution. I am using a canon a70 camera, I have a p3-550 computer running
win98se and have nero, cyberlink powerproducer gold 2 and winavi. So far I
have not achieved total success, the problems seem to be that a standalone
dvdplayer does not like heaps of titles and so far the dvd's I have made
contain over 100 titles as each movie clip is counted as a new title, also
powerproducer will not allow me to apply brightness and contrast changes to
the clips without crashing, this maybe due to my low spec pc. So I would
really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction with
what software to use and a very basic outline of what I have to do, I can
figure the rest out if given the basic path to take. I only need to author a
basic dvd that meets the requirements I outlined above so what is the
easiest way to do this and what software will I use, as you can appreciate
there are tons of different software packages out there and I could be at
this for a very long time if I have to waste time mucking around with
software that is never going to do the job.

mikel

I think I see below you running Windows 98 SE version. P3 with 550,

what is you ram. I have a GIG of ram on an XP machine, I run all Adobe
software, Photoshop for editing stills, Premier for editing video and
building DVD data, then Encore to build the DVD itself. Working with
video can be touchy, you may have to combine your clips into larger
chunks, let's say 4 or 5 not 100 all at one time.

When I am building DVD's I usually think in terms of chapters - so
things are divided up. I have less crashes, and the processor can keep
up. then when each section is built combine them all and export them to
whatever format you like. AVI, M2V, MPEG, MPEG2, etc.

I don't know if this helps being I use differents software, but it
sounds like you are expecting that 98 machine to do more than it is
capable of.

mountain wrote:
> I'm having trouble making a dvd from over 100 movie clips taken from a still
> digital camera that also does 30 second movie clips at 15fps at 640 x 480
> resolution. I am using a canon a70 camera, I have a p3-550 computer running
> win98se and have nero, cyberlink powerproducer gold 2 and winavi. So far I
> have not achieved total success, the problems seem to be that a standalone
> dvdplayer does not like heaps of titles and so far the dvd's I have made
> contain over 100 titles as each movie clip is counted as a new title,

combine your clips into larger chunks. if you can combine 20 to 25 into
one, that would help. I don't know if your software can do this.

I use Premiere, so numbers of clips can be imported or captureed then
exported as one clip. You can also change contrats, brightness, speed,
levels, size, transitions, unlink audio, add additional audio, titles, etc.