Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is this a good deal?

Is this a good deal?

Michael Eisenberg

Canon EOS Digital Rebel 6.3MegaPixel SLR (300D)
EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 Lens
EF 55-200 f/4.5-5.6 Lens
RS60-E3 Wired Shutter Release
RC-5 Wireless Shutter Release
BP-511 Lithium Ion Battery and Charger
Transcend 1GB 45x Compact Flash Memory Card

All used but in mint condition and the whole package for $700

any thoughts...

thx

BD

I just bought the 300D kit from a retailer, which included all of what
your package contains except the 55-200 lens, the remotes, and the
media. It was roughly the same cost as your package's cost.

The remotes are a pittance ($20 apiece). Media's getting cheaper by the
day. The lens is where you'd be saving good bucks.

I'd say that if that 55-200 lens is decent, it's a fair deal. However,
you should factor in the absence of a warranty, and what that's worth
to you.

Myself, I would likely find the 55-200 lens annoying without image
stabilization. But that's just me - YMMV.

BD

Michael Eisenberg

On 20 Jul 2005 15:15:04 -0700, "BD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just bought the 300D kit from a retailer, which included all of what
>your package contains except the 55-200 lens, the remotes, and the
>media. It was roughly the same cost as your package's cost.
>
>The remotes are a pittance ($20 apiece). Media's getting cheaper by the
>day. The lens is where you'd be saving good bucks.
>
>I'd say that if that 55-200 lens is decent, it's a fair deal. However,
>you should factor in the absence of a warranty, and what that's worth
>to you.
>
>Myself, I would likely find the 55-200 lens annoying without image
>stabilization. But that's just me - YMMV.
>
>BD

Thx BD...appreciate your input

best

CFB

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Michael Eisenberg) wrote:

> Canon EOS Digital Rebel 6.3MegaPixel SLR (300D)
> EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 Lens
> EF 55-200 f/4.5-5.6 Lens
> RS60-E3 Wired Shutter Release
> RC-5 Wireless Shutter Release
> BP-511 Lithium Ion Battery and Charger
> Transcend 1GB 45x Compact Flash Memory Card
>
> All used but in mint condition and the whole package for $700
>
> any thoughts...
>
> thx

Wow. A lot of people have been making it easy to post my camera for
sale. :^) I guess you can use it as an example and not take this as an
attempt for me to sell my stuff. Honest.

Look at my link below.

http://home.nc.rr.com/christianbonanno/canon300d.html

My lenses are better. But being that the D300 goes for $700 new, with
the lenses included it's a good deal if you are not a serious
photographer.

Good luck!

--

http://home.nc.rr.com/christianbonanno/

BD

Christian:

I did email you about your 75-300 lens - did you reply?

CFB

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"BD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Christian:
>
> I did email you about your 75-300 lens - did you reply?

Yeah I did. I have decided to sell it all as a package first. Sorry for
pulling the rug out from under you.

--

http://home.nc.rr.com/christianbonanno/

BD

No sweat. I figure that with how much these things generally retain
their value, I should just buy retail and get the warranty with it.