Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > E-bay gone nuts

Reply
Thread Tools

E-bay gone nuts

 
 
SteveJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2005
Have you ever looked lately for a Camera on e-bay hopefully to find an
individual selling a used one for a reduced price or almost new. Now the
damn crook sellers have over several pages with the same listing over and
over.
I have seen over a full page of the same add listing a Canon 20D 50 listing
long. E-bay to me was for selling or buying from a individual person
wanting to sell or buy their items. I used to like to browse through the
listings now I need to go through allot of crap just to find a listing that
seems good to read through.
To me if there is a listing repeated over a few times it should go to a
e-bay store to keep the normal listings clean of all their crap. Most of
them are crooks anyway.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andy Sullivan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2005
"SteveJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you ever looked lately for a Camera on e-bay hopefully to find an
> individual selling a used one for a reduced price or almost new. Now the
> damn crook sellers have over several pages with the same listing over and
> over.
> I have seen over a full page of the same add listing a Canon 20D 50 listing
> long. E-bay to me was for selling or buying from a individual person
> wanting to sell or buy their items. I used to like to browse through the
> listings now I need to go through allot of crap just to find a listing that
> seems good to read through.
> To me if there is a listing repeated over a few times it should go to a
> e-bay store to keep the normal listings clean of all their crap. Most of
> them are crooks anyway.


Just make a list of seller IDs to exclude (you can specify up
to 10), then go to eBay's advanced search page and put the
IDs in the appropriate include/exclude field:
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofindtype=1

BTW I totally agree with you about the decline of eBay. It
really has been taken over by shysters, liars and outright
crooks.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
[BnH]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2005
Sign of G-auction coming up ?
Before Singapore and Australia have eBAY , the current at that time online
auction site was filled with junk too .. coincidence ? hmmm

=bob=

"Andy Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yJlDe.1038$(E-Mail Removed). net...

> Just make a list of seller IDs to exclude (you can specify up
> to 10), then go to eBay's advanced search page and put the
> IDs in the appropriate include/exclude field:
> http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofindtype=1
>
> BTW I totally agree with you about the decline of eBay. It
> really has been taken over by shysters, liars and outright
> crooks.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Andy Sullivan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2005
"[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote in message news:42de0c61$0$6404$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sign of G-auction coming up ?
> Before Singapore and Australia have eBAY , the current at that time online
> auction site was filled with junk too .. coincidence ? hmmm


Could you translate that into English?

If you're saying Asian and Australian sellers are among the worst
eBay offenders, I couldn't agree more. At least as a general rule.

> "Andy Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:yJlDe.1038$(E-Mail Removed). net...
>
> > Just make a list of seller IDs to exclude (you can specify up
> > to 10), then go to eBay's advanced search page and put the
> > IDs in the appropriate include/exclude field:
> > http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofindtype=1
> >
> > BTW I totally agree with you about the decline of eBay. It
> > really has been taken over by shysters, liars and outright
> > crooks.
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
[BnH]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2005
Google is coming up with their version of online auction soon I think ?
[after they announce they will introduce a PayPal like site ]
and the rest is in plain English

I am Asian in Australia and have a 100% selling record for the last 5 years
btw

=bob=

"Andy Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jhoDe.785$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote in message
> news:42de0c61$0$6404$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sign of G-auction coming up ?
>> Before Singapore and Australia have eBAY , the current at that time
>> online
>> auction site was filled with junk too .. coincidence ? hmmm

>
> Could you translate that into English?
>
> If you're saying Asian and Australian sellers are among the worst
> eBay offenders, I couldn't agree more. At least as a general rule.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Pete D
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2005

"Andy Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jhoDe.785$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote in message
> news:42de0c61$0$6404$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sign of G-auction coming up ?
>> Before Singapore and Australia have eBAY , the current at that time
>> online
>> auction site was filled with junk too .. coincidence ? hmmm

>
> Could you translate that into English?
>
> If you're saying Asian and Australian sellers are among the worst
> eBay offenders, I couldn't agree more. At least as a general rule.


Thats not what he said at all, he said the online selling sites before Ebay
was bad.


 
Reply With Quote
 
RustYŠ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2005

"SteveJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you ever looked lately for a Camera on e-bay ...... Most of
> them are crooks anyway.
>
>

My biggest gripe with these shysters is the amount of postage that they
often charge. Usually hidden away in the miles of small print it often is
more that the value of the item and the postage cost combined ! For
example, how heavy is a compact flash card ? Ebay must do something about
postage charges if it is to stay a credible way of buying.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Neil Ellwood
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2005
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:17:06 +1000, [BnH] wrote:

> Google is coming up with their version of online auction soon I think ?
> [after they announce they will introduce a PayPal like site ]
> and the rest is in plain English
>
> I am Asian in Australia and have a 100% selling record for the last 5 years
> btw
>
> =bob=

But what sort of record - 100% good, bad or indifferent?
--
neil
delete delete to reply
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark B.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2005
"SteveJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you ever looked lately for a Camera on e-bay hopefully to find an
> individual selling a used one for a reduced price or almost new. Now the
> damn crook sellers have over several pages with the same listing over and
> over.
> I have seen over a full page of the same add listing a Canon 20D 50
> listing
> long. E-bay to me was for selling or buying from a individual person
> wanting to sell or buy their items. I used to like to browse through the
> listings now I need to go through allot of crap just to find a listing
> that
> seems good to read through.
> To me if there is a listing repeated over a few times it should go to a
> e-bay store to keep the normal listings clean of all their crap. Most of
> them are crooks anyway.
>
>


Ebay is the WORST place to shop for new electronics. By 'new' I mean
anything that hasn't been replaced yet, so that would include the 20D.

Mark


 
Reply With Quote
 
kombi45@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2005
Two words: Cameta Camera. The best.

SteveJ wrote:
> Have you ever looked lately for a Camera on e-bay hopefully to find an
> individual selling a used one for a reduced price or almost new. Now the
> damn crook sellers have over several pages with the same listing over and
> over.
> I have seen over a full page of the same add listing a Canon 20D 50 listing
> long. E-bay to me was for selling or buying from a individual person
> wanting to sell or buy their items. I used to like to browse through the
> listings now I need to go through allot of crap just to find a listing that
> seems good to read through.
> To me if there is a listing repeated over a few times it should go to a
> e-bay store to keep the normal listings clean of all their crap. Most of
> them are crooks anyway.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Outlook Express has gone nuts... chuckieŽ Computer Support 6 05-29-2007 06:17 PM
Betamax Services gone a bit nuts? RH UK VOIP 3 10-30-2006 07:45 PM
Has Adobe gone nuts?? Mutlley NZ Computing 31 04-29-2006 08:39 AM
When they're gone, they could be gone for good... Richard DVD Video 10 06-02-2004 07:13 AM
PPPoE dialup/tunnel/nhrp driving me nuts ... gkg@gmx.de Cisco 0 11-30-2003 07:28 AM



Advertisments