Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > MyOlympus photo sharing site

MyOlympus photo sharing site

Alfred Molon

http://myolympus.org/

The Photographic Community of Users of Olympus 4040, 5050, 5060, 7070,
8080 and E300 Digital Cameras
--

Alfred Molon

Gordon MacPherson

Alfred Molon wrote:
> http://myolympus.org/
>
> The Photographic Community of Users of Olympus 4040, 5050, 5060, 7070,
> 8080 and E300 Digital Cameras

Is my 4000 excluded?

Gordon

Pb

Why no 5000z?

--
Paul ============}
o o

// Live fast, die old //
PaulsPages are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/

ASAAR

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:33:36 GMT, Pb wrote:

> Why no 5000z?

Hey, why no . . . hmm. My Olympus Stylus is so old it has no
apparent model number. Only identified as AF 35mm f/3.5. Oh, I
almost forgot. It's film, not digital.

Pb

<<Hey, why no . . . hmm. My Olympus Stylus is so old it has no apparent
model number. Only identified as AF 35mm f/3.5. Oh, I almost forgot. It's
film, not digital. >>

True, but do they inend to shut down each forum simply because the camera is
old? The 5000z is not particularly good (it's going to be traded when I can
afford a decent camera to upgrade to) so maybe that's the real reason?

--

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:35:27 GMT, Pb wrote:

> True, but do they inend to shut down each forum simply because the camera is
> old? The 5000z is not particularly good (it's going to be traded when I can
> afford a decent camera to upgrade to) so maybe that's the real reason?

I don't know since I don't inhabit those forums (my main camera is
a Fuji, followed by a couple of Canons). Have forums for different
cameras actually been closed, or is it just that they never existed?
I can imagine that the 4040, 5050, 5060, 7070, 8080 and E300 are
more complex cameras, and their owners have more need to ask
questions and share experiences. Again, I'm not familiar with those
forums, but it seems that the 5050 owners would be more likely to be
familiar with the 5000z than owners of other models and brands of
cameras, and might welcome your questions and participation. If
nothing else, with your older Oly you're probably more likely than
owners of other brands to be talked into upgrading to one of the
forum models, and get your official forum membership and discount
card and learn the secret handshake, etc.

Pb

<<If nothing else, with your older Oly you're probably more likely than
owners of other brands to be talked into upgrading to one of the forum
models, and get your official forum membership and discount card and learn
the secret handshake, etc. >>

Do I detect a note of cynicism here <g> ? And it's sad that my 5000z, still
within its warranty, is now old and out of fashion.

Paul

--
Paul ============}
o o

// Live fast, die old //
PaulsPages and galleries are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/

ASAAR

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:29:14 GMT, Pb wrote:

> <<If nothing else, with your older Oly you're probably more likely than
> owners of other brands to be talked into upgrading to one of the forum
> models, and get your official forum membership and discount card and learn
> the secret handshake, etc. >>
>
> Do I detect a note of cynicism here <g> ? And it's sad that my 5000z, still
> within its warranty, is now old and out of fashion.

Nope, I didn't even consider that it would be taken that way. I
was just trying to suggest that you'd probably be welcome even if
your camera was a bit different. But I don't know any of those
forums. Maybe the folk there lie in wait with finely honed daggers,
waiting for an unsuspecting interloper. <g>