Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Archival CD's

Archival CD's

Tony

The Current Better DIGITAL has a section on Archival CD's
Brand Web sites and what is the Best to buy

This is a OZZ Photo mag...

Number 18 2005

Its a Quarterly Mag..

Chris Hope

Tony wrote:

> The Current Better DIGITAL has a section on Archival CD's
> Brand Web sites and what is the Best to buy
>
> This is a OZZ Photo mag...
>
> Number 18 2005
>
> Its a Quarterly Mag..

What does it say are the best?

RSD99

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> The Current Better DIGITAL has a section on Archival CD's
> Brand Web sites and what is the Best to buy
>
> This is a OZZ Photo mag...
>

> Number 18 2005
>

> Its a Quarterly Mag..

URL ?

Tony

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:18:00 GMT, "RSD99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> The Current Better DIGITAL has a section on Archival CD's
>> Brand Web sites and what is the Best to buy
>>
>> This is a OZZ Photo mag...
>>

>> Number 18 2005
>>

>> Its a Quarterly Mag..
>>

>URL ?

Of What....?

RSD99

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:18:00 GMT, "RSD99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >"Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >>

> >> The Current Better DIGITAL has a section on Archival CD's
> >> Brand Web sites and what is the Best to buy
> >>
> >> This is a OZZ Photo mag...
> >>

> >> Number 18 2005
> >>

> >> Its a Quarterly Mag..
> >>

> >URL ?
> >

> Of What....?

The article.

Tony

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:57:34 GMT, "RSD99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:18:00 GMT, "RSD99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >"Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>> >URL ?
>> >

>> Of What....?
>>

>The article.

None, buy the Magazine, its not a Web thing, did you not read what I posted..?

Rolf Egil Sølvik

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:19:58 +1200, Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:57:34 GMT, "RSD99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Of What....?
>>>

>>The article.

>None, buy the Magazine, its not a Web thing, did you not read what I posted..?

It could well be that people posting here are not located at your
continent or even island...

Tony

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:51:59 +0200, Rolf Egil Sølvik <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:19:58 +1200, Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>The article.

>>None, buy the Magazine, its not a Web thing, did you not read what I posted..?

>It could well be that people posting here are not located at your
>continent or even island...

That is a Shame..

Tony

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:51:59 +0200, Rolf Egil Sølvik <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:19:58 +1200, Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>The article.

>>None, buy the Magazine, its not a Web thing, did you not read what I posted..?

>It could well be that people posting here are not located at your
>continent or even island...

May be this is what you are After

www.betterdigitalonline.com

Yoonome

Tony" The Current Better DIGITAL has a section on Archival CD's
Brand Web sites and what is the Best to buy
This is a OZZ Photo mag...
Number 18 2005

I did some research on this and came up with what appears to be the ultimate
CD. I know they are available in Canada too...

Delkin Devices, Inc., manufacturer of quality eFilm memory cards and other
innovative products, today introduced the eFilm Archival Gold "300-Year"
CD-R. eFilm Archival Gold CD-R's incorporate patented Phthalocyanine
(thalo-sy-a-neen) dye and a 24k gold reflective layer into every CD-R. The
innovative materials found in eFilm Archival Gold CD-R's make them one of
the most reliable storage medium available. Typically CD-R's are known to
deteriorate quickly due to Earth's common elements: ultra violet light,
heat, and humidity. Using an accelerated aging process to test the longevity
of CD-R media, eFilm Archival Gold CD-R's have been shown to safely store
your images for more than 300 years.

"Consumers are now taking more pictures than ever with digital cameras,"
explains Martin Wood, CEO of Delkin Devices, Inc. "Our research has
indicated that the number one reason consumers take digital images is to
preserve their precious memories. eFilm Archival Gold CD-R's ensure that
your precious memories are safe for years to come."

The patented Phthalocyanine dye is the most critical component of the CD-R
because it is where your data is stored. Your CD burner creates pits in the
dye layer when it burns a CD-R and your digital information is stored in
these pits. The Phthalocyanine dye reacts quicker to the writing laser than
dyes found in most CD-R's on the market, thus making sharper pit edges and
making your CD-R easier to read by CD drives. Compared to Cyanine and Azo
dyes found in the majority of CD-R's on the market, Phthalocyanine dye lasts
significantly longer when subjected to the harmful effects of UV light,
heat, and humidity.

Gold is one of the most inert elements on earth and Delkin incorporates 20¢
of 24k gold into every eFilm Archival Gold disc. Gold's inert
characteristics prevent oxidation, a common cause of failure to most CD-Rs.
Along with the Phthalocyanine dye and gold reflective layer, eFilm Archival
Gold CD-R's provide the most extreme protection for your digital images from
environmental degradation.

Delkin will begin shipping eFilm Archival Gold CD-R's in early October 2004
in a variety of quantities and types of packaging. The CD-R 10 Pack will be
sold in a protective plastic case that holds 10 CD-R's in polypropylene
sleeves. There will be a 1" 3 ring binder available with 16 eFilm Archival
Gold CD-R's in protective sleeves. The 25 pack will be available in a cake
box type spindle. Delkin also plans to ship 100 CD-R's in bulk packaging.
eFilm Archival Gold CD-R's will be available at consumer photography and
electronic stores worldwide and online at Delkin's website at
www.delkin.com.
Delkin Devices, Inc., based in San Diego, California, has been operating
since 1986. Since that time Delkin's eFilm digital storage products and
accessories have become an industry leader in both OEM and consumer markets.
Known as the "Camera Store" brand, eFilm is available worldwide primarily
through a network of independent camera stores, and a leading choice among
photographers passionate about digital photography.