Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Software Advisor

Cisco Software Advisor

Gary

We have a 3640 with 2 x NM-2FE-2W's - One in Slot 0 and One in Slot one.

In Slot 0 WIC0 we have a WIC-1T
In Slot 1 WIC0 we have a VWIC-1MFT-G703 - This card has recenntly been added
and while the chassis sees it [show diag] we do not see any configuration
options (show running)

I have loaded this into the software advisor and it listed several IOS's
that will work. When I add my software using one of the listed IOS's the
advisor states...

Software Advisor has detected an error
WARNING:Your current software is either not campatible with your hardware
configuration or deferred.

What is up with the software advisor???

Gary

Merv

> Software Advisor has detected an error
> WARNING:Your current software is either not campatible with your hardware
> configuration or deferred.

What IOS version is loaded ?

Is it DEFERRED ?

Gary

"Merv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

>> Software Advisor has detected an error
>> WARNING:Your current software is either not campatible with your hardware
>> configuration or deferred.

> What IOS version is loaded ?
>
> Is it DEFERRED ?

Logged a TAC case and it turns out the software advisor is broken.

Engineer suggested trying latest bleeding edge release.

Cool!

Gary