Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dog name

Dog name

Zen Cohen

Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.

My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).

Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

MarkČ

"Zen Cohen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LAgBe.141060$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
>
> My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
> sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
>
> Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

I have two brother and sister dogs...
Bubba and Beans...

-Fit their personalities perfectly.

MarkČ

"Zen Cohen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LAgBe.141060$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
>
> My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
> sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
>
> Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

I have two brother and sister dogs...
Bubba and Beans...

-Fit their personalities perfectly.

Sheldon

"Zen Cohen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LAgBe.141060$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
>
> My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
> sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
>
> Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

Better name if you're into jazz -- Miles. Also easier to yell out the door
when they get away. Very important. A golden will follow anybody anywhere.

Zen Cohen

"Zen Cohen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LAgBe.141060$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
>
> My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
> sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
>
> Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestions and, oops, sorry for the mis-post. This was
supposed to go in rec.pets.dogs.breeds, which is right next to
rec.photo.digital on my newsreader.

Robert Barr

> Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

Kodak?

Robert R Kircher, Jr.

"Robert Barr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qohBe.1176$(E-Mail Removed) ...

>> Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

> Kodak?

I personally like *ist. Not sure how to pronounce it but it looks cool.

--

Rob

Frank ess

Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:
> "Robert Barr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:qohBe.1176$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>

>>> Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

>> Kodak?
>>

> I personally like *ist. Not sure how to pronounce it but it looks
> cool.

Looks like a pucker. So, "Pist". Very good name for a dog.

Ralph

Call it Stupid.
I worked at a roadhouse years ago that had a cat named Stupid.
"Come here Stupid" yelled at the top of your voice, to stop the cat being
run over, used to get a lot of strange looks from the customers.

--
remove n u m b e r s to reply
Zen Cohen wrote in message ...
>Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
>
>My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
>sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
>
>Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

ASAAR

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:28:59 GMT, Zen Cohen wrote:

> Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
>
> My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
> sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
>
> Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

I like his music, but if golden retrievers are anything like Labs,
their personalities would be would be much more like Dizzy
Gillespie, aka Diz, also a good name for a dog. Full of energy,
ebullient, happy, loyal, etc.