Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > olympus E300 ????

olympus E300 ????

RON

Any one have one? I am thinking of buying one at cosco. The price is $975.00
With a 250 card and tow lenses.How does it perform> I have read the reviews
but think the people here are a better gage of the products.

Stacey

RON wrote:

> Any one have one? I am thinking of buying one at cosco. The price is
> $975.00 With a 250 card and tow lenses.How does it perform> I have read
> the reviews but think the people here are a better gage of the products.

I like mine, many of the people who post here (who have never used one)
don't like it. I actually used several brands before I bought it and liked
the images it produced, nice saturated color and sharp optics for a kit
lens. For it's price, it's a nice camera and those two lenses are also nice
optically and the build quality is also good. The other bonus is you won't
have to worry about sensor dust, the dust buster this camera has really
works well.

I can say if you need to do low light indoor type shooting (with the camera
set at ISO800+) with no flash, there are better cameras for this. Also the
auto WB doesn't work great and you will probably have to set this manually,
I leave mine set on daylight for most of the shooting I do which is a big
deal really. Hope this helps.
--

Stacey

SB

Agree 100% with Stacey: E300 is a great camera for the money.
Low-light shooting is indeed problematic, but this is not a surprise:
E300's sensor is halfway between "regular" point-and-shoot and standard eSLR
size.

Auto white balance works fine if there is a considerable pure white space in
the frame.
However, if there's a big, say, light blue surface in the picture - E300
will adjust all colors
accordingly. Manual white setup (using a white sheet) works fine though.

SB

news:(E-Mail Removed)...