Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT Slide Show

OT Slide Show

Leanin' Cedar

Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC directly
from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow first?

I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that will
do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in proshow
gold)

Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.

thanks
Bob

Mark²

"Leanin' Cedar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HbWAe.21903$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC
> directly from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow
> first?
>
> I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that
> will do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in
> proshow gold)
>
> Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.
>
> thanks
> Bob

ACDSee from acdsystems.com does this instantly.

Any folder, or images you select together can instantly be a slide show,
complete with automatic transitions you can choose...or not. Excellent in
terms of IMMEDIATE slide shows with ZERO preparation.

-Mark

PS--ACDSee is a fantastic image browser/organizer, BTW. My program of
choice for many moons...

Allodoxaphobia

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:00:23 GMT, Leanin' Cedar wrote:
> Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC directly
> from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow first?
>
> I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that will
> do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in proshow
> gold)
>
> Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.

Really?

ImageMagick: display

ImageMagick offers more -- much more.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
Pueblo, Colorado | @ | Jonesy | OS/2 __

Paul Schilter

Leanin' Cedar wrote:
> Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC directly
> from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow first?
>
> I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that will
> do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in proshow
> gold)
>
> Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.
>
> thanks
> Bob

Bob,
Windows XP native Picture and Fax Viewer will do this. There's an icon
at the bottom that is "start slide show". If you have XP you can also
download their RAW viewer which also has the slide show capabilities.
Can't remember if the older versions of Windows had this or not.
Paul

Leanin' Cedar

Thanks for the leads; looks like I have a project for the next couple of
hours.
Bob

"Leanin' Cedar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HbWAe.21903$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC
> directly from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow
> first?
>
> I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that
> will do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in
> proshow gold)
>
> Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.
>
> thanks
> Bob

Leanin' Cedar

Thanks Paul;
I did not have Fax component installed in WinXP.
Bob
"Paul Schilter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Leanin' Cedar wrote:
>> Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC
>> directly from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow
>> first?
>>
>> I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that
>> will do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in
>> proshow gold)
>>
>> Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.
>>
>> thanks
>> Bob

> Bob,
> Windows XP native Picture and Fax Viewer will do this. There's an icon at
> the bottom that is "start slide show". If you have XP you can also
> download their RAW viewer which also has the slide show capabilities.
> Can't remember if the older versions of Windows had this or not.
> Paul

Dimitris M

I think that it is a native feature of XP. If you open a windows explorer in
a foto folder, in the left pane you should see a selection to show as slide
show. In case that you have not this selection, it may be installed from
(free) microsoft power toys. I have this feature in all my computers, but I
don't remember for sure if it is native or from Power toys. It plays all the
folder, but not the subfolders in one command.
--
Dimitris M http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(αφαιρέστε το διπλό τάφ απο την διεύθυνση)

Paul Schilter

Leanin' Cedar wrote:
> Thanks Paul;
> I did not have Fax component installed in WinXP.
> Bob
> "Paul Schilter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Leanin' Cedar wrote:
>>
>>>Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC
>>>directly from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow
>>>first?
>>>
>>>I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that
>>>will do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in
>>>proshow gold)
>>>
>>>Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>Bob

>>Bob,
>>Windows XP native Picture and Fax Viewer will do this. There's an icon at
>>the bottom that is "start slide show". If you have XP you can also
>>download their RAW viewer which also has the slide show capabilities.
>>Can't remember if the older versions of Windows had this or not.
>>Paul

Bob,
Try downloading from MS:RAW viewer

Paul

Eric Babula

"Leanin' Cedar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:HbWAe.21903$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net:

> Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC
> directly from the folders and subfolders without creating a
> slideshow first?
>
> I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available)
> that will do this without first creating a show by adding slides
> (such as in proshow gold)
>
> Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.
>
> thanks
> Bob

Webshots does this - download their Desktop viewer. You can import your
own pics into the viewer with no problems, and view them as a slide
show, or even use them as your screensaver.

www.webshots.com

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

yammy57_gua@yahoo.com

Another software can give you some helps.photo2dvd.

You can import pictures or photos to it and preview them, with all the
selected transition effect, the result would be cool. The software
enables you build your own custom slideshow, and burn the finalized
slideshow to DVD with its built-in burning program.

http://www.photo-to-dvd.com