Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Maybe *I* need stabilization

Maybe *I* need stabilization

ASAAR

On 13 Jul 2005 22:44:21 GMT, Walter Dnes (delete the 'z' to get my
real address) wrote:

> I think the problem is that the button is too flush with the camera
> surface. If my trigger-finger is flat on the camera, light pressure
> will take it to the first half-click which triggers the auto-focus.
> However, I have to press down *DAMN HARD* with my finger the rest of the
> way to trigger the shutter. That's probably my problem.

If you could extend the shutter button it might help. Hardware
stores and pharmacy/general stores (such as Rite-Aid, CVS, Eckard)
sell sets of adhesive backed pads. They're available in round and
square shapes and in various sizes. They're usually made of felt, a
rubbery substance or silicone, and in a choice of thicknesses, and
are very inexpensive. If you want to make sure that your finger
doesn't accidentally slip off the button, you could experiment with
velcro instead.