Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Pinhole or button digital camera?

Pinhole or button digital camera?

Does anyone know of a pinhole or button sized digital camera that takes
still shots? Or maybe even video BUT..I'd like to be able to snap shots
then take the cam back to a pc, connect through USB & upload the shots
through the cam software. Surveillance reasons. Thanks for any info.

Ken Burns

If you are doing it for surveillance reasons, pinhole camera would be
unacceptable. The images would probably not be of adequate sharpeness since
no real lens is actually used, just a very small aperture in a thin aperture
plate. Pinhole cameras are adequate for artistic purposes, but I don't
think they would work adequately for your uses.

"D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Does anyone know of a pinhole or button sized digital camera that takes
> still shots? Or maybe even video BUT..I'd like to be able to snap shots
> then take the cam back to a pc, connect through USB & upload the shots
> through the cam software. Surveillance reasons. Thanks for any info.

Darrell

Actually in this usage, a pinholle camera has a lens, and only needs a tiny
opening to hide behind. Try a Google for "Spy Shop" they should have all the
toys you want.

"Ken Burns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ervze.6435$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> If you are doing it for surveillance reasons, pinhole camera would be
> unacceptable. The images would probably not be of adequate sharpeness
> since no real lens is actually used, just a very small aperture in a thin
> aperture plate. Pinhole cameras are adequate for artistic purposes, but I
> don't think they would work adequately for your uses.
>

> "D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Does anyone know of a pinhole or button sized digital camera that takes
>> still shots? Or maybe even video BUT..I'd like to be able to snap shots
>> then take the cam back to a pc, connect through USB & upload the shots
>> through the cam software. Surveillance reasons. Thanks for any info.

Paul Fedorenko

"Darrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Actually in this usage, a pinholle camera has a lens, and only needs a
> tiny opening to hide behind. Try a Google for "Spy Shop" they should have
> all the toys you want.

This store's in Toronto (been around for years), but they online sales
through their website too. They sell IR cameras, coin-sized surveillance
cameras, all kinds of neat stuff.

http://www.spytech.com/

Dave Martindale

"Ken Burns" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>If you are doing it for surveillance reasons, pinhole camera would be
>unacceptable. The images would probably not be of adequate sharpeness since
>no real lens is actually used, just a very small aperture in a thin aperture
>plate. Pinhole cameras are adequate for artistic purposes, but I don't
>think they would work adequately for your uses.

The "pinhole" lenses for video cameras are actually real focusing
lenses; they just have a relatively small entrance pupil like 1 mm.
This works OK with the very small video chip that's also used.
The aperture is still considerably larger than a true pinhole.

Dave

Thanks folks...I'm looking for something wireless with a usb maybe that
I can upload afterwards.

Anything else?

John A. Stovall

On 15 Jul 2005 13:47:59 -0700, "D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anything else?

Zork makes them for Canon and others.

http://www.zoerk.com/Zoerk%20info/pr...de_current.pdf

-James Nachtwey-