Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > resetting just one VPN connection

resetting just one VPN connection

Paul

We have our Cisco router hosting VPN to 3 external facilities which use
Symantec VPM devices - every so often the connection drops . If I reset all
of the
VPN on the cisco router all is well but when I do this I don't want to have
to clear isakmp sa which clears them all - I want to only clear crypto
isakmp (specific connection) only. I saw in some documentation that if you
do a show crypto isakmp sa it shows you the connection ID which I could use
to kill the connection on a ID by ID level. But on my PIX506E when I type in
show crypto isakmp sa I only get the dst,src,state,pending,created feilds
and no Conn-id feild. Is this not available on this router ? Any help would
be appreciated to help me kill only one connection and not all of them.

stevepr@gmail.com

Paul wrote:
> We have our Cisco router hosting VPN to 3 external facilities which use
> Symantec VPM devices - every so often the connection drops . If I reset all
> of the
> VPN on the cisco router all is well but when I do this I don't want to have
> to clear isakmp sa which clears them all - I want to only clear crypto
> isakmp (specific connection) only. I saw in some documentation that if you
> do a show crypto isakmp sa it shows you the connection ID which I could use
> to kill the connection on a ID by ID level. But on my PIX506E when I type in
> show crypto isakmp sa I only get the dst,src,state,pending,created feilds
> and no Conn-id feild. Is this not available on this router ? Any help would
> be appreciated to help me kill only one connection and not all of them.

Cant you shut no shut the tunnel?

Anyways we had this problem at work. except we have 150 tunnels we use
nagios from nagios.org youcan set it to sonstantly telnet or ssh to a
device and by doing this it actually keeps my tunnels up with frequent
traffic on them.

DobryninPJ DobryninPJ is offline
Junior Member

Program for automatic monitoring and reset VPN IPSec tunnels on CISCO (routers). Download scad7.ru/?fid=scad7resetvpn (GPL license)

Resetting/restarting PPPoE connection JF Mezei Cisco 2 10-02-2009 07:25 PM
resetting just one isakmp Paul Cisco 0 10-31-2005 04:05 PM
VPN IPSEC connection between a cisco 17xx and Nortel vpn box Joris Deschacht Cisco 0 10-16-2003 02:13 PM

Advertisments