Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon CoolPix 3100 failed expectations for battery latch lock

Nikon CoolPix 3100 failed expectations for battery latch lock

KevinB KevinB is offline
Junior Member

It appears that I am not alone in dealing with crappy Nikon battery door latches. I have a Nikon CoolPix L24 camera that the battery door latch has failed on twice with 4 months of ownership. The first time I took it back to the store and they gave me another one. Now it is past the 30 day store return policy and Nikon refuses to accept responsibility for the repair under their warranty. It appears to me that Nikon has a serious design flaw in this camera and apparently after reading the reviews several of their cameras.

I will no longer be purchasing any Nikon products. I had purchased several Nikon's over years. Never again. They clearly do not stand behind the "fine" products that they manufacture and distribute.

Spread the word, Nikon believes that they have no problems with their cameras and that door latch failures are a consumer problem not a camera problem. They will not honor their warranty!