Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Aironet CB21ag drivers and LEAP Auth failure

Aironet CB21ag drivers and LEAP Auth failure

Uli Link

Anyone managed CCKM with LEAP with latest driver v2.5 for PC/CB21ag
Aironet cards? Regardless if using Windows2000 or WinXP.

With driver v2.1 (and 1.2 also) LEAP authentication works.

Is there a bug id I can search for?

--
Uli

Merv

CSCsb80735 ?

Uli Link

Merv schrieb:

> CSCsb80735 ?

No, that's not the issue.
I have WZC service disabled. The card does not lose connection, it
*never* passes authentication. There are no credential failures logged
in RADIUS logs.

AIR1120B running 12.3(2)JA5 as WDS, CKIP cipher (doesn't matter)
The APs are running 12.3(2)JA5 or (4)JA1 (doesn't matter)

It also doesn't if I use Funk Odyssee Server or the IOS embedded RADIUS.

The same setup works flawlessly with driver/supplicant v1.2, v2.0 and
v2.1 and PCM352 cards with fw 5.41.

With v2.5 I can WPA authenticate using PEAP if I allow both CCKM and WPA
on the ESSID.

--
Uli

Merv

I would open a case with the Ciso TAC.

Merv

I would open a case with the Ciso TAC.

Merv

Did you see this in the release notes for the 2.5 drivers:

Access Point Setting for LEAP or EAP-FAST Authentication

Access points must be set for both Network-EAP and open authentication
in order to associate to CB21AG and PI21AG client adapters running LEAP
with WPA/WPA2/CCKM or EAP-FAST

Uli Link

Merv schrieb:

> Access Point Setting for LEAP or EAP-FAST Authentication
>
> Access points must be set for both Network-EAP and open authentication
> in order to associate to CB21AG and PI21AG client adapters running LEAP
> with WPA/WPA2/CCKM or EAP-FAST

this is mandatory for all CCX cards. Not specific to the CB21ag or any
driver release.

!
dot11 ssid a-wlan-network!
! -- for open auth --
authentication open mac-address mac_methods eap eap_methods
! -- for LEAP with Aironet cards --
authentication network-eap eap_methods mac-address mac_methods
authentication key-management cckm
infrastructure-ssid
!
interface Dot11Radio0
no ip address
no ip route-cache
!
encryption mode ciphers ckip
!
broadcast-key change 3600
!
!
ssid a-wlan-network!
!
short-slot-time
speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 5.5 6.0 9.0 11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0
power local cck 20
power local ofdm 20
power client 50
channel 2412