Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HP 850 - trouble with flash

HP 850 - trouble with flash

MadGrin

Suddenly the flash of my HP 850 doesn't work!

Somebody have never tried to dismantle the photo camera and can help
me?
I have problems to open the part near viewfinder. It is hard and I fear
to broke it! (

Where can I order a new HP flash?

Help me! :'(

Roy

"MadGrin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Suddenly the flash of my HP 850 doesn't work!
>
> Somebody have never tried to dismantle the photo camera and can help
> me?
> I have problems to open the part near viewfinder. It is hard and I fear
> to broke it! (
>
> Where can I order a new HP flash?
>
> Help me! :'(

Hi.

Any camera shop will sell you a new HP flash, but you will find it has a new
camera attached.

Its built in, and you will not be able to replace just the flash. The Flash
head will be at the top of the camera, but the Capacitor will probably be at
the bottom of the Camera and the circuitry will be on the Main Board.

Please note that the Capacitor can deliver quite a large electric shock. It
wont hurt, but may well cause you to knock your hand or arm into something,
causing an injury.

Roy G

MadGrin

Hi Roy and thanks for your answer!

It seems more difficult than I thought to find the broken part of my
camera.

What part do you think could be more probably to be broken?

Raf