Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon S1 IS does not power off properly

Canon S1 IS does not power off properly

canon

When I press the power off button on my new Canon S1 IS, it willpower
off and for some unknown reason it will power up by itself. It is only
after second power off that it will remain off. What is wrong?

Skip M

"canon" <canon@home> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I press the power off button on my new Canon S1 IS, it willpower
> off and for some unknown reason it will power up by itself. It is only
> after second power off that it will remain off. What is wrong?

It wants to make sure you really mean it...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

David Sommers

My S1 IS never did that, and my S2 IS hasn't either. What you are describing
sounds quite usual. Do you have fresh batteries in it? I know that sounds
odd, but may be the cause.

I always used lithium AA cells in my S1 IS, and am using them exclusively in
my S2 IS. They provide very smooth power with a very flat discharge curve.
This means that when they are good, they are very very good, and when they
go dead, it happens very quickly.

Bye.

"canon" <canon@home> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I press the power off button on my new Canon S1 IS, it willpower
> off and for some unknown reason it will power up by itself. It is only
> after second power off that it will remain off. What is wrong?

canon

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:23:42 GMT, "David Sommers" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My S1 IS never did that, and my S2 IS hasn't either. What you are describing
>sounds quite usual. Do you have fresh batteries in it? I know that sounds
>odd, but may be the cause.
>
>I always used lithium AA cells in my S1 IS, and am using them exclusively in
>my S2 IS. They provide very smooth power with a very flat discharge curve.
>This means that when they are good, they are very very good, and when they
>go dead, it happens very quickly.
>
>Bye.

I am able to continue to shoot for hours after the power off mishap so
it is not a battery issue. Maybe I am pressing the wrong button.

Mahesh Singh

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:23:42 GMT, David Sommers wrote:

> I always used lithium AA cells in my S1 IS

I didn't know there was a Lithium AA but looking it up on google it seems
the Energizer company does make them.

http://www.energizer.com/products/faq.asp?q=16

Q: How unique is the lithium AA battery?
A: Energizer? manufactures the world?s only AA lithium 1.5 volt battery.

Kool!