Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Free pic hosting sites??

Free pic hosting sites??

M. FERRANTE

In the past I posted some photos to a site that later closed down and
send me (and everyone else I guess) an e-mail saying if we wanted the
pics back to pay them for them! I was new and thought the pics would
be there forever, so I did not keep any on this end. I was new to
computing, the Internet, and such dishonest activity.

Can someone recommend some sites where I can post pics to share with
others. I am on disability and fixed income, so free things help out,
but if there is a remarkable site that does not cost much, I would
consider that as well (I'll just eat dog food for the rest of the
month

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Charles Kerekes

Mark,

Sorry about your loss. To be honest, no matter who is hosting my
photos, I always keep backup copies. You never know who goes out of
business when.

Now, as far as free hosting, it really depends on what features you are
looking for. If you can give us some more details, the folks here can
give you better recommendations.

Let's assume you have pretty basic needs and just want to have a way
for your family to see the photos. In that case I recommend you use one
of the major online photo developing services--they all offer free
photo sharing. Please read the fine print because some will keep your
photos only for 12 months is you do not purchase anything. The last
time I checked, Snapfish was the only one that did not dump your photos
without purchase (Kodak and PhotoWorks require some purchase to keep
the photos for another 12 months).

If you want more details, here is an article I wrote on this topic:
http://flyingsamphoto.com/digital-ph...icle-013.shtml

Charlie

Jack Rosier

"M. FERRANTE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
snip...
> Can someone recommend some sites where I can post pics to share with
> others. I am on disability and fixed income, so free things help out,
> but if there is a remarkable site that does not cost much, I would
> consider that as well (I'll just eat dog food for the rest of the
> month

Check out www.fotki.com
They offer a free account with 10MB storage or unlimited storage for
$52/yr.
I have found the site easy to use and the several prints that I have ordered
are very good quality and relatively inexpensive.
I just got an 8x10 and a 11x14 for $5.95 total, delivered.
Jack