Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital cameras that can record video at 25 fps

Digital cameras that can record video at 25 fps

d52

Hello,

is there any digital camera that can record video at 25 fps for us TV PAL
viewers?

I ask this because the transcoding from the video from the camera at 30 fps
to svcd pal at 25 fps is not fluid.

What are people doing for this simple operation?

Can anyone point me to an internet site that explains video for dummies?

Thanks for your input

Jim

"d52" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42c44a1d$0$13448$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> is there any digital camera that can record video at 25 fps for us TV PAL
> viewers?

You are surely discussing video cameras. Don't all of the manufacturers
sell video cameras for the PAL market?
Jim

d52

I don't want a video camera, I want a photographic camera who thinks is also
a video camera (small videos).

I want all in one package, like a Canon S2 or a Sony H1, but with specs for
the European users. The only important difference is the frame rate of 25
fps versus 30 fps.

I can not believe this is not a issue for anyone making DVDs, SVCDs or VCDs
in PAL region. Is there a workaround?

Thank for your input.

"Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
newsvZwe.1151$(E-Mail Removed) m...

> "d52" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42c44a1d$0$13448$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there any digital camera that can record video at 25 fps for us TV

PAL
> > viewers?

> You are surely discussing video cameras. Don't all of the manufacturers
> sell video cameras for the PAL market?
> Jim

d52

I don't want a video camera, I want a photographic camera who thinks is also
a video camera (small videos).

I want all in one package, like a Canon S2 or a Sony H1, but with specs for
the European users. The only important difference is the frame rate of 25
fps versus 30 fps.

I can not believe this is not a issue for anyone making DVDs, SVCDs or VCDs
in PAL region. Is there a workaround?

Thank for your input.

"Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
newsvZwe.1151$(E-Mail Removed) m...

> "d52" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42c44a1d$0$13448$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there any digital camera that can record video at 25 fps for us TV

PAL
> > viewers?

> You are surely discussing video cameras. Don't all of the manufacturers
> sell video cameras for the PAL market?
> Jim

Anna Daptor

"d52" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42c46ac3$0$13445$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I don't want a video camera, I want a photographic camera who thinks is
> also
> a video camera (small videos).
>
> I want all in one package, like a Canon S2 or a Sony H1, but with specs
> for
> the European users. The only important difference is the frame rate of 25
> fps versus 30 fps.
>
> I can not believe this is not a issue for anyone making DVDs, SVCDs or
> VCDs
> in PAL region. Is there a workaround?
>
> Thank for your input.

Most PAL DVD players can happily play NTSC discs as good as they play PAL
discs.

d52

OK it is a possibility.

It is a trade off btw a little more frame rate and a much lower resolution.

My intention was to capture 480x640 at 25 fps mjpeg with the camera rotated
90 degrees and then transcode to svcd 480x576 at 25 fps mpeg2.

Now I have to capture 640x480 30 fps mjpeg to obtain svcd 480x480 30 fps
mpg2.

To my view is a world of a difference for the worst.

Maybe I could do the PAL resolution with the NTSC frame rate.

What would happen? A slow video?

Thanks for your input.

"Anna Daptor" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:4C_we.25867$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "d52" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42c46ac3$0$13445$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I don't want a video camera, I want a photographic camera who thinks is
> > also
> > a video camera (small videos).
> >
> > I want all in one package, like a Canon S2 or a Sony H1, but with specs
> > for
> > the European users. The only important difference is the frame rate of

25
> > fps versus 30 fps.
> >
> > I can not believe this is not a issue for anyone making DVDs, SVCDs or
> > VCDs
> > in PAL region. Is there a workaround?
> >
> > Thank for your input.
> >

> Most PAL DVD players can happily play NTSC discs as good as they play PAL
> discs.

Old Bugger

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:38:19 +0100, "d52" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>is there any digital camera that can record video at 25 fps for us TV PAL
>viewers?
>
>I ask this because the transcoding from the video from the camera at 30 fps
>to svcd pal at 25 fps is not fluid.
>
>What are people doing for this simple operation?
>
>Can anyone point me to an internet site that explains video for dummies?

My old Fuji 602z can do 25fps so I imagine its' replacement, the Fuji 7000 can do it as well.

d52

That would be great. I am thinking of buying the S5500, there is no point in
buying a 500 euro camera like canon S2 that doesn't do what I want, and the
Fuji 7000 can also be a possibility. But seeing the camera review sites
everybody says the same 30 fps for every Fuji. What is happening?

"Old Bugger" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:(E-Mail Removed)...