Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sensor Cleaning While I Waited

Sensor Cleaning While I Waited

Dean S. Lautermilch

I tried the Scotch Tape method and it did not work very well. It did pick up
the specs but new ones would appear. I posted some test shots showing the
'progress'.

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/dust

Anyway, I found a local service center (www.sp-ts.com) that cleaned my
camera for $45 while I waited. My point is there are alternatives to having
to clean the camera yourself. I would have used this service center first
had I known they would have done it so fast. I was in and out in less than
30 minutes. Nobody wants to pack up a camera and be without it for two weeks
to a month or so.
I would suggest that route for those who don't want to take a chance with an
expensive DSLR. Just contact the authorized service centers for your brand
and ask.

..

RK

So what, precisely, is the method? Thanks.

JD

The question, of course, is "are you happy to pay 45 dollars each time your
sensor needs cleaning, knowing that this might happen several times a year?"

My answer is "no, I'm not", therefore out of necessity and possibly
miserliness, I have learned how to do it myself.

It's cheap, quick, I don't have to wait, I can do it anywhere and anytime.

Jean.

news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...