Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Decisions Decisions

Decisions Decisions

Larry

Having read the reviews and user comments, I am having difficulty deciding
between Cannon S1IS, the Panasonic FZ5 and the Sony H1. Does anyone have
something the can sway the decision or the killer feature that works.
Thanks
Larry

Gene F. Rhodes

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/se...ect&forum=1009

Gene

Larry wrote:

> Having read the reviews and user comments, I am having difficulty deciding
> between Cannon S1IS, the Panasonic FZ5 and the Sony H1. Does anyone have
> something the can sway the decision or the killer feature that works.
> Thanks
> Larry

David J Taylor

Larry wrote:
> Having read the reviews and user comments, I am having difficulty
> deciding between Cannon S1IS, the Panasonic FZ5 and the Sony H1. Does
> anyone have something the can sway the decision or the killer feature
> that works. Thanks
> Larry

Between those, I would go for the Panasonic FZ5 as it's the lightest
camera, takes a single battery, and has better image quality than the
Canon S1 IS. You should also look at the Canon S2 IS, though!

David

Larry

> Between those, I would go for the Panasonic FZ5 as it's the lightest
> camera, takes a single battery, and has better image quality than the
> Canon S1 IS. You should also look at the Canon S2 IS, though!
>
> David

Thanks David - I actually mistyped. I meant the S2 IS. However since then I
have been looking at the Panasonic DMC FZ20 which is the bigger brother of
the FZ5 and seems to have more optional manual settings.

Larry

Jason Smith

Bigger is the right word though. You'd want to go into a store and hold it
in your hand and decide if you're happy with the increase in size for the
extra features on offer. From memory, a review I read indicated that the FZ5
does almost as good a job in terms of picture quality.

news:Xns968354CBAEC93larrybeattieshawca@64.59.144. 76...