Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon Picture Project?

Nikon Picture Project?

mr phontonic

I'm using Nikon Picture Project to import images on to my computer. I'm
shooting RAW with a Nikon D70. I can't figure out where the files are going.
I want to back the Raw files up onto my server, but no where in the software
does it tell you where the files live.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

[BnH]

Files -> PP Transfer -> Options -> Transfer Destination

=bob=

"mr phontonic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_rKve.264$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I'm using Nikon Picture Project to import images on to my computer. I'm
> shooting RAW with a Nikon D70. I can't figure out where the files are
> going.
> I want to back the Raw files up onto my server, but no where in the
> software
> does it tell you where the files live.
>
> Anyone have experience with this?
>
> Thanks

Jim

"mr phontonic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_rKve.264$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I'm using Nikon Picture Project to import images on to my computer. I'm
> shooting RAW with a Nikon D70. I can't figure out where the files are

going.
> I want to back the Raw files up onto my server, but no where in the

software
> does it tell you where the files live.
>
> Anyone have experience with this?

Yes, but I found them all by myself. On my system, every download creates a
subdirectory of the My Pictures folder.
Each such folder has the name "folder"xxx where xxx is a sequence number.
Jim

> Thanks

parisphotog@gmail.com

IMHO Nikon *really* screwed up any sense of native Win navigation. I
do use PP, then close it and simply use Photoshop CS or Nikon Capture
to open images with. Why Nikon could screw up such a simple system of
navigation is completly beyond me.

In other news, Nikon just released a PProject update on 6/27 .

Don

Camera manuals, Software books and more:
http://www.1world-design.com/book/index.html