Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Old Yashica Camera

Old Yashica Camera

Ken C via PhotoKB.com

Bought a large amount of old camera equipment at estate sale. Interesting
stuff but I am having trouble finding any information about one camera---a
Yashica Diary. I have a sales slip showing the camera was purchased in 1981
in Saudi Arabia. But I am not having any luck with internet site information
or talking to other photographers. According to the instruction book, it is
a 35mm programmed shutter EE camera with date recorder and built-in flash.
Any information or reference sites/materials would be appreciated.

Jim

"Ken C via PhotoKB.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bought a large amount of old camera equipment at estate sale. Interesting
> stuff but I am having trouble finding any information about one camera---a
> Yashica Diary. I have a sales slip showing the camera was purchased in
> 1981
> in Saudi Arabia. But I am not having any luck with internet site
> information
> or talking to other photographers. According to the instruction book, it
> is
> a 35mm programmed shutter EE camera with date recorder and built-in flash.
> Any information or reference sites/materials would be appreciated

Don't know if it is any help but www.craigcamera.com are advertising a
camera manual for the Diary at $18.
Sounds a lot of money for an instruction book, and of course it is in USA by
the sound of it.
I also think this camera goes under another name, Something like GSN35.
Regards.
Jim.

irwell

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:39:47 +0100, "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Ken C via PhotoKB.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Bought a large amount of old camera equipment at estate sale. Interesting
>> stuff but I am having trouble finding any information about one camera---a
>> Yashica Diary. I have a sales slip showing the camera was purchased in
>> 1981
>> in Saudi Arabia. But I am not having any luck with internet site
>> information
>> or talking to other photographers. According to the instruction book, it
>> is
>> a 35mm programmed shutter EE camera with date recorder and built-in flash.
>> Any information or reference sites/materials would be appreciated

>Don't know if it is any help but www.craigcamera.com are advertising a
>camera manual for the Diary at $18.
>Sounds a lot of money for an instruction book, and of course it is in USA by
>the sound of it.
>I also think this camera goes under another name, Something like GSN35.
>Regards.
>Jim.

http://www.abebooks.com/ Has a ton of Yashica books starting
at $3.50.