Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The Nose Knows

The Nose Knows

kombi45@yahoo.com

Kitt

Two points. IIRC, you're the guy that posted some film scans right
before you got your new digital and asked for critique. If I'm right,
I gotta' tell you, you're doing a whole lot better with the digital!
The second thing is a question. Just for you and not intended to start
another endless thread of flames and arguing, but just a question for
you.. ain't digital a whole lot more fun?

> http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/45150778

Paul Furman

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/45150778

Nice!

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1

kombi45@yahoo.com

Paul Furman wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/45150778

> Nice!

Thanks, Paul. What a freaky looking bug, huh?

kombi45@yahoo.com

Kitt wrote:
> Two points. IIRC, you're the guy that posted some film scans right
> before you got your new digital and asked for critique. If I'm right,
> I gotta' tell you, you're doing a whole lot better with the digital!

Thank you very much. Digital's instant feedback is not only helpful in
getting that shot just right, but it helps you learn
light/exposure/tinkering as you work.

> The second thing is a question. Just for you and not intended to start
> another endless thread of flames and arguing, but just a question for
> you.. ain't digital a whole lot more fun?

I've always had a P&S digicam, so the DSLR action is new, and yes, it's
a hell-of-alot of fun, indeed.

Ben

ASAAR

On 22 Jun 2005 15:30:13 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Thanks, Paul. What a freaky looking bug, huh?

It's not evil if it's merely a weevil.

Paul Furman

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Paul Furman wrote:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>

>>>http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/45150778

>>Nice!

> Thanks, Paul. What a freaky looking bug, huh?

Yeah, looks hairy like a moose or something. I guess those are arms in
the front? Does it have wings too?

--

Paul Furman wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

> > Paul Furman wrote:

> >>Nice!

> > Thanks, Paul. What a freaky looking bug, huh?

> Yeah, looks hairy like a moose or something. I guess those are arms in
> the front? Does it have wings too?

Yeah, it looks like it is reaching out for a hug or something! What
makes that shot all the better to me is that it was the only one I got.
And it took flight when the flash went off.

eawckyegcy@yahoo.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/45150778

This is a wonderful image. The only issues -- and these are just plain
nitpicking -- is composition (move the subject a bit further to the
left) and the small hot-spots on the leaf (near the bottom) and snout.
You should consider uploading this to wikipedia and adding a reference
to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weevil

A local entomologist can probably identify it.

Boogers In Pets Nose James T Kirk Computer Support 15 09-12-2005 11:09 PM
My Nose Neville Computer Support 10 03-06-2005 12:45 AM
Biting your nose to spite your face? Gordon Computer Support 1 02-24-2005 10:43 AM
Bush nose dives in latest poles Tony Parkinson Digital Photography 2 04-12-2004 03:02 PM
Help: User control dim changes RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE! VB Programmer ASP .Net 3 07-13-2003 02:51 AM

Advertisments