Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hard drive dump using 3.5 inch drives, cheapest?

Hard drive dump using 3.5 inch drives, cheapest?

Luce Powells

Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
this.

Luce Powells

Pete D

"Luce Powells" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
> one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
> of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
> photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
> this.
>

> Luce Powells

Probably not without the laptop, mind you an older one secondhand can be had
pretty cheaply.

Rusty Gunn

I use an X-drive Pro which uses a laptop hard drive. I have one with a 40
gig hdd in it and have used it whilst hiking and nothing has gone wrong.

try here http://www.powerinnumbers.com.au/

--
Regards

Rusty Gunn

(Please remove NOCRAPSPAM from Email before replying)
"Luce Powells" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
> one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
> of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
> photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
> this.
>

> Luce Powells

Deedee Tee

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 06:47:27 -0400, Luce Powells <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
>one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
>of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
>photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
>this.
>

>Luce Powells

I never saw such a beast, probably because it would weight 4 times
more than with a 2.5 inch drive, and would need a beefy power supply.

Alfred Molon

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Luce Powells
says...

> Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
> one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
> of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
> photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
> this.

Why don't you want to use 2.5" drives devices - these devices cost very
little.
--

Alfred Molon

Rudy Benner

"Luce Powells" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
> one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
> of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
> photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
> this.
>

> Luce Powells

Look for Roadstor (spelling correct) on eBay. Also Apacer CP200.

Luce Powells

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:37:06 +0200, Alfred Molon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Luce Powells
>says...
>>
>> Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
>> one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
>> of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
>> photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
>> this.

>Why don't you want to use 2.5" drives devices - these devices cost very
>little.

Alfred, I was under the impression, apparently a wrong one, that they
were expensive. Could you recommend a unit or product, one available
in the USA? Thanks.

Luce Powells

Alfred Molon

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Luce Powells
says...

> Alfred, I was under the impression, apparently a wrong one, that they
> were expensive. Could you recommend a unit or product, one available
> in the USA? Thanks.

The best at the moment seems to be this one:
http://www.compactdrive.com/

The PDX70x (not the predecessor PDX7), which they sell for $150 without
HDD and $211 with a 40GB HDD, or $272 with a 80GB HDD.
--

Alfred Molon

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

The absolute cheapest way is to burn them on a cd in the nearest lab.At
least here, this is available.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

> Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
> one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
> of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
> photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
> this.
>

> Luce Powells

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Luce Powells <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there a hard drive dump that uses non-notebook drives? Better yet,
> one that uses 3.5 inch drives but that allows me to add my own choice
> of hard drives? I'm looking for the absolute cheapest way to dump
> photos when traveling. I don't have a laptop. Thanks for any help with
> this.

Get yourself an Apacer Disc Steno
http://www.apacer.com/apacer_english...steno_cp80.asp

I bought a CP100 last year and have been very satisfied with it.
There are portable hard-drives too out there but at least with the Steno
you have the option of making a 2nd copy.