Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > IN THE GARDEN WITH THE 20D !!!

IN THE GARDEN WITH THE 20D !!!

Annika1980

I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.

EF in FLA

> I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.

Perfect!!!!!

ef

Tony Hwang

EF in FLA wrote:
>>I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.
>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/44770336/original
>>

> Perfect!!!!!
>
> ef

Hi,
RW is not in focus. Was that intentional?
Tony

Gary Eickmeier

Annika1980 wrote:
> I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.

Incredible stuff, Brett. Can I grow up to be like you?

Gary Eickmeier

Annika1980

>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/imag*e/44770336/original

>Hi,
>RW is not in focus. Was that intentional?

RW? Right Wing?

Jer

Annika1980 wrote:
> I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.

You and your damn garden! Sheesh!! Haven't you heard about pesticides?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Annika1980

> I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/imag*e/44770336/original

:You and your damn garden! Sheesh!! Haven't you heard about
pesticides?

It's actually just a scraggly old bush. The wife is threatening to cut
it down,
but I held her off long enough to get a few more bug pics.

That's what I love about macro photography. You can find subjects
anywhere.
Put me in a field of wildflowers near the lake and I could kill 4 hours
without even looking up.
One time on the mountain, I got so engrossed in taking pics of spider
mites I almost missed the bald eagle flying by.
I'd go broke trying to do this with film, btw. It's so hard to get the
(manual) focus correct with such a shallow DOF, that I probably burn
20-30 shots for each keeper. That would get expensive with Velvia.
However, I shall be getting out the Fabulous EOS-1V soon, just to make
some cool Macro slides.

Brad

On 13 Jun 2005 16:47:15 -0700, "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.
>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/44770336/original

Before you get attacked by the experts for some inconsequential thing
let me say that I think its an outstanding picture.....congrats

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

wrote:

>I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.
>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/44770336/original

OOPS......I see one already......he's not smiling.....

Annika1980 wrote:
>>I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.
>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/imag*e/44770336/original

> :You and your damn garden! Sheesh!! Haven't you heard about
> pesticides?
>
> It's actually just a scraggly old bush. The wife is threatening to cut
> it down,
> but I held her off long enough to get a few more bug pics.
>
> That's what I love about macro photography. You can find subjects
> anywhere.
> Put me in a field of wildflowers near the lake and I could kill 4 hours
> without even looking up.
> One time on the mountain, I got so engrossed in taking pics of spider
> mites I almost missed the bald eagle flying by.
> I'd go broke trying to do this with film, btw. It's so hard to get the
> (manual) focus correct with such a shallow DOF, that I probably burn
> 20-30 shots for each keeper. That would get expensive with Velvia.
> However, I shall be getting out the Fabulous EOS-1V soon, just to make
> some cool Macro slides.

Oh gosh, Bret, I'm just pushing your leg... I've got the same
affliction when I'm with a certain 3 y/o nephew whose bug-focused
attention cannot be underestimated! The next time he's here I'm fairly
certain he'd enjoy a stroll through your little garden.

BTW, while taking macros of spider mites, how'd that lens work out on
the eagle overhead?

Thanks for the opportunity to keep a young and growing mind interested
by sharing the fun.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'