Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT: Weather Channel photo contest

OT: Weather Channel photo contest

Cynicor

I sent a photo of T.S. Arlene's outer bands to the Weather Channel's
"weather photo of the day" contest. Then I went and looked at the page.
I think the rest of the pictures on this page should be disqualified for
being lousy and not weather-related. I mean, what the hell? NO ONE wants
to see your cute photos of Pussy the cat.

http://photo.weather.com/interact/ph...locid=USFL0372

OK, I'm finished whining.

Sheldon

"Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I sent a photo of T.S. Arlene's outer bands to the Weather Channel's
>"weather photo of the day" contest. Then I went and looked at the page. I
>think the rest of the pictures on this page should be disqualified for
> being lousy and not weather-related. I mean, what the hell? NO ONE wants
> to see your cute photos of Pussy the cat.
>
> http://photo.weather.com/interact/ph...locid=USFL0372
>
> OK, I'm finished whining.

It doesn't look like there are any rules or criteria for this "contest."
However, it does look like they give special consideration to weather
photos. If Pussy the cat was flying away in a tornado THAT would be a hell
of a shot.

John McWilliams

Sheldon wrote:
> "Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I sent a photo of T.S. Arlene's outer bands to the Weather Channel's
>>"weather photo of the day" contest. Then I went and looked at the page. I
>>think the rest of the pictures on this page should be disqualified for
>>being lousy and not weather-related. I mean, what the hell? NO ONE wants
>>to see your cute photos of Pussy the cat.
>>
>>http://photo.weather.com/interact/ph...locid=USFL0372
>>
>>OK, I'm finished whining.

> It doesn't look like there are any rules or criteria for this "contest."
> However, it does look like they give special consideration to weather
> photos. If Pussy the cat was flying away in a tornado THAT would be a hell
> of a shot.

There are some good shots that are weather related, tho. Here's the
caption from one.

*** *** ***

Submitted by: Ramona Ludgood
Photo Date: 12/13/1901
Subject: Rain
Photo Location: Orlando, FL

Get the forecast for this location
The image isn't at all current, but most weather patterns haven't
changed much in a bit over a C.

--
John McWilliams
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?