Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Into the past...

Into the past...

Massa

There have been a couple of decent American TV shows released recently -
'Lost', for instance.

Now come another one, a Spielberg blockbusting mini-series (apparently)
which is entitled 'Into the West'.

"So, what's it about", I asked my son (who takes an interest in these
things)

"Native Americans", replied my politically correct offspring ( sod knows
where he gets it from!), leaving me momentarily perplexed.

"Native Americans?", I replied quizzically, "Oh, you mean Injuns!......"

"No", replied the determinedly correct lad, "I mean Native Americans"

Which got me thinking ( a laborious process, at the best of times(, if my
son, who has never been exposed to the tumour of politically correct
'right-speak', can spout this nonsense so readily, what hope is left for
those of us who know that 'Native Americans' were the whooping redmen who
adorned themselves with eagle feathers and devoted their lives to burning
wagon trains?!

And that led to another, more sobering, thought - given that the UK is now
starting to drown in carefully organised mass immigration, how long will it
be before I and those like me are known as 'Native Britons'? - a small
ethnic grouping, lost amidst the stench and clamour of the foreign invasion?

How soon, also, before a Kurd chats to his Somali neighbour, and points out
that he doesn't fancy any 'Native Britons' moving into the area and lowering
the property prices!...

the man with no idea

"Massa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There have been a couple of decent American TV shows released recently -
> 'Lost', for instance.
>
> Now come another one, a Spielberg blockbusting mini-series (apparently)
> which is entitled 'Into the West'.
>
> "So, what's it about", I asked my son (who takes an interest in these
> things)
>
> "Native Americans", replied my politically correct offspring ( sod knows
> where he gets it from!), leaving me momentarily perplexed.
>
> "Native Americans?", I replied quizzically, "Oh, you mean Injuns!......"
>
> "No", replied the determinedly correct lad, "I mean Native Americans"
>
> Which got me thinking ( a laborious process, at the best of times(, if my
> son, who has never been exposed to the tumour of politically correct
> 'right-speak', can spout this nonsense so readily, what hope is left for
> those of us who know that 'Native Americans' were the whooping redmen who
> adorned themselves with eagle feathers and devoted their lives to burning
> wagon trains?!
>
> And that led to another, more sobering, thought - given that the UK is now
> starting to drown in carefully organised mass immigration, how long will
> it be before I and those like me are known as 'Native Britons'? - a small
> ethnic grouping, lost amidst the stench and clamour of the foreign
> invasion?
>
> How soon, also, before a Kurd chats to his Somali neighbour, and points
> out that he doesn't fancy any 'Native Britons' moving into the area and
> lowering the property prices!...

Bargain right-of-centre-ramblings.

If your vision of the future comes true, lets hope a more politically
correct society doesn't treat you like the native americans were.

Massa

"the man with no idea" <no.spam@thanks> wrote in message
news:w5mre.12176$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Massa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There have been a couple of decent American TV shows released recently -
>> 'Lost', for instance.
>>
>> Now come another one, a Spielberg blockbusting mini-series (apparently)
>> which is entitled 'Into the West'.
>>
>> "So, what's it about", I asked my son (who takes an interest in these
>> things)
>>
>> "Native Americans", replied my politically correct offspring ( sod knows
>> where he gets it from!), leaving me momentarily perplexed.
>>
>> "Native Americans?", I replied quizzically, "Oh, you mean Injuns!......"
>>
>> "No", replied the determinedly correct lad, "I mean Native Americans"
>>
>> Which got me thinking ( a laborious process, at the best of times(, if my
>> son, who has never been exposed to the tumour of politically correct
>> 'right-speak', can spout this nonsense so readily, what hope is left for
>> those of us who know that 'Native Americans' were the whooping redmen who
>> adorned themselves with eagle feathers and devoted their lives to burning
>> wagon trains?!
>>
>> And that led to another, more sobering, thought - given that the UK is
>> now starting to drown in carefully organised mass immigration, how long
>> will it be before I and those like me are known as 'Native Britons'? - a
>> small ethnic grouping, lost amidst the stench and clamour of the foreign
>> invasion?
>>
>> How soon, also, before a Kurd chats to his Somali neighbour, and points
>> out that he doesn't fancy any 'Native Britons' moving into the area and
>> lowering the property prices!...

> Bargain right-of-centre-ramblings.
>
> If your vision of the future comes true, lets hope a more politically
> correct society doesn't treat you like the native americans were. <<

You misunderstand me - I simply adore multi-cultural Britain.

I'm always pleased to see the happy smiling faces of asylum seekers as they
sit in the sunshine on park benches counting their social security money, I
enjoy the excitement that drug wars between rival Jamaican Yardie gangs
bring to our streets, I love to see young white girls enjoying themselves as
they speed around in flashy motor cars skilfully sped around our city
streets by Asian men old enough to be their fathers.

I rejoice every time I see a former Methodist church converted into an
Islamic Information Centre (blessings be upon them all) - and the harmonious
melodies of those unenergetic young black 'rappers' is welcome entertainment
as they chant out their strident love of Britain and our way of life.

I'm especially pleased to see lots of white single mothers pushing prams
containing bouncing brown babies - it's reassuring to know that they future
of this great nation is in such good hands.

I simply can't understand those people who say that they are sickened by the
changes that have swept over this land in the last thirty years - are they
blind?, can't they see how vibrant and diverse it all is?!

How dare they call this country 'a filthy urinal, filled with the excreta of
humanity' - this is a wonderful place to live.

() BORG

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:34:36 GMT, "the man with no idea"
<no.spam@thanks> wrote:

>"Massa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There have been a couple of decent American TV shows released recently -
>> 'Lost', for instance.
>>
>> Now come another one, a Spielberg blockbusting mini-series (apparently)
>> which is entitled 'Into the West'.
>>
>> "So, what's it about", I asked my son (who takes an interest in these
>> things)
>>
>> "Native Americans", replied my politically correct offspring ( sod knows
>> where he gets it from!), leaving me momentarily perplexed.
>>
>> "Native Americans?", I replied quizzically, "Oh, you mean Injuns!......"
>>
>> "No", replied the determinedly correct lad, "I mean Native Americans"
>>
>> Which got me thinking ( a laborious process, at the best of times(, if my
>> son, who has never been exposed to the tumour of politically correct
>> 'right-speak', can spout this nonsense so readily, what hope is left for
>> those of us who know that 'Native Americans' were the whooping redmen who
>> adorned themselves with eagle feathers and devoted their lives to burning
>> wagon trains?!
>>
>> And that led to another, more sobering, thought - given that the UK is now
>> starting to drown in carefully organised mass immigration, how long will
>> it be before I and those like me are known as 'Native Britons'? - a small
>> ethnic grouping, lost amidst the stench and clamour of the foreign
>> invasion?
>>
>> How soon, also, before a Kurd chats to his Somali neighbour, and points
>> out that he doesn't fancy any 'Native Britons' moving into the area and
>> lowering the property prices!...

>Bargain right-of-centre-ramblings.
>
>If your vision of the future comes true, lets hope a more politically
>correct society doesn't treat you like the native americans were.

Funny enough the Indians don't like being called 'Native Americans' as
it was their country before it became 'America'

--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)<--ROT13 it
Spam Trap in Header

GS850 Trike

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
(a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

http://borg.no-ip.com

Mala Ipsa Nova

So you can't wait to form the RKKK? (Royal Ku Klux Klan) you sound like
a Nazi under your thin guise of homour.

Massa

"Mala Ipsa Nova" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> So you can't wait to form the RKKK? (Royal Ku Klux Klan) you sound like
> a Nazi under your thin guise of homour.<

Not at all!! - I'm a one-legged homosexual Kosovan mime artiste who sneaked
into Britain in the back of a truck, and who got a ****ing huuuuuuge grant
of taxpayers money to set up contemporary street theatre workshops that deal
with the prejudice experienced by one legged homosexual Kosovan mime
artistes.....

Diversity is wonderful.

Massa

"Mala Ipsa Nova" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> So you can't wait to form the RKKK? (Royal Ku Klux Klan) you sound like
> a Nazi under your thin guise of homour.

Not at all!! - I'm a one-legged homosexual Kosovan mime artiste who sneaked
into Britain in the back of a truck, and who got a ****ing huuuuuuge grant
of taxpayers money to set up contemporary street theatre workshops that deal
with the prejudice experienced by one legged homosexual Kosovan mime
artistes.....

Diversity is wonderful.

Brad

Being called Native Americans gives them the claim to being here first
what would they rather be called?

The arguements go on till this day near me, the Indians are trying to
reclaim residential and commercial properties claiming that the land
all belonged to the tribe and individuals were allowed to take a piece
of it but were not allowed to sell it because they never really owned
it. Its an interesting arguement which obviously would get muddied up
with treaties and reservations and such.

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Please mark off topic threads as "Off Topic"

Dr Gordon Crowbar

> And that led to another, more sobering, thought - given that the UK is now
> starting to drown in carefully organised mass immigration,

Funnily enough, mass immigration are exactly what we need in this country.
It brings wages down for the companies that have to compete on a global
basis.

When a Chinese or Indian worker gets 5%-20% of our wages to do the same
thing as a "Westerner", all the work ends up over there.

I think what you are really complaining about is our benefits system, which
rewards the white and black poor for having children. These people have no
contribution to make to the wealth of our nation and mean that we need to
get industrious foreigners to work instead. Sooner or later, the benefits
system will be cut back, with major law and order implications.

The benefits system is a target for every crooked foreigner as much as every
lazy 'native Briton'. Asians taking their dead Gran to Pakistan in a
suitcase just so they can keep her pension.

That's why we're getting ID cards, oh and to round up people like you when
you start rioting because you can't get a job and your Sky Sports gets
switched off.

camera critter

Please advise me, just what is a "Native Briton?" Does it need to be
a direct descendant from a Pict?

I'm assuming that descendants from the later invading Vikings, Romans,
Celts, Jutes, Angles, Saxons, etc, probably do not qualify as being
"Native Britons" if the Picts were there first. <grin>