Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need serial number for software download

Need serial number for software download

wils421@gmail.com

I just got through re-installing Windows XP back onto my pc. I am
trying to put my Olympus D-520 software back on it but it keeps asking
for the serial # that is on the inside of the disk holder it came in.
I have the box, receipts, etc, but no disk holder. I wrote Olympus and
am waiting for an answer but I was wondering if any of you have had
this problem and how you solved it.
Thanks, cj

Tony Hwang

> I just got through re-installing Windows XP back onto my pc. I am
> trying to put my Olympus D-520 software back on it but it keeps asking
> for the serial # that is on the inside of the disk holder it came in.
> I have the box, receipts, etc, but no disk holder. I wrote Olympus and
> am waiting for an answer but I was wondering if any of you have had
> this problem and how you solved it.
> Thanks, cj

Hi,
What did you do at the very first time when you install the software?
The CD sleeve has a sticker on it with s/n. You threw them out?
Tony

wils421@gmail.com

I guess I did throw it out. It's been over 3 years now. I kept
everything but that. Believe me, I learned alot about what to keep and
all with this pc crash.
cj

RK

Happens to the best of us. I would suggest you call Oly tech support.
I've found them very helpful with things like this. They may just send
you another disc right away. On the other hand, why do you need the
program? I'm a long time Oly user and have never found any of their
programs as good as what you can get elsewhere, often for free.

wils421@gmail.com

I found it!! The serial number, that is. Thanks for all your help.
cj