Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Screenshot of web managed switch

Screenshot of web managed switch

dkotschess@yahoo.com

Hi folks.

I am doing a little networking class where I work, putting together a
presentation.

Back when I was doing cisco networking stuff we had some of the really
good switches with the web interface. You typed in the ip of your
switch in your browser and got a great view of what was going on in the
switch. I remember looking at it and having a very clear picture of
how it was working.

Unfortuantely I don't have access to such equipment anymore, and all
I'm looking for is a sample screenshot of that interface so people in
my class can see it. I'm having a hard time searching for such a thing
on the web. It is not turning up in google image searches since it is
not typically rendered in some kind of image format.

If anybody could point me to one, or send me one, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks

-DaveK

dkotschess@yahoo.com

> Hi folks.
>
> I am doing a little networking class where I work, putting together a
> presentation.
>
> Back when I was doing cisco networking stuff we had some of the really
> good switches with the web interface. You typed in the ip of your
> switch in your browser and got a great view of what was going on in the
> switch. I remember looking at it and having a very clear picture of
> how it was working.
>
> Unfortuantely I don't have access to such equipment anymore, and all
> I'm looking for is a sample screenshot of that interface so people in
> my class can see it. I'm having a hard time searching for such a thing
> on the web. It is not turning up in google image searches since it is
> not typically rendered in some kind of image format.
>
> If anybody could point me to one, or send me one, I'd be very grateful.
> Thanks
>
> -DaveK

Or if anybody knows where I can find an example of one on Cisco's
site...

Matty M

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hi folks.
>>
>> I am doing a little networking class where I work, putting together a
>> presentation.
>>
>> Back when I was doing cisco networking stuff we had some of the really
>> good switches with the web interface. You typed in the ip of your
>> switch in your browser and got a great view of what was going on in the
>> switch. I remember looking at it and having a very clear picture of
>> how it was working.
>>
>> Unfortuantely I don't have access to such equipment anymore, and all
>> I'm looking for is a sample screenshot of that interface so people in
>> my class can see it. I'm having a hard time searching for such a thing
>> on the web. It is not turning up in google image searches since it is
>> not typically rendered in some kind of image format.
>>
>> If anybody could point me to one, or send me one, I'd be very grateful.
>> Thanks
>>
>> -DaveK

> Or if anybody knows where I can find an example of one on Cisco's
> site...

Hi,

Thats the only thing I could find that closely matches it -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5931/index.html

Cheers

Matt

dkotschess@yahoo.com

Matty M wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >> Hi folks.
> >>
> >> I am doing a little networking class where I work, putting together a
> >> presentation.
> >>
> >> Back when I was doing cisco networking stuff we had some of the really
> >> good switches with the web interface. You typed in the ip of your
> >> switch in your browser and got a great view of what was going on in the
> >> switch. I remember looking at it and having a very clear picture of
> >> how it was working.
> >>
> >> Unfortuantely I don't have access to such equipment anymore, and all
> >> I'm looking for is a sample screenshot of that interface so people in
> >> my class can see it. I'm having a hard time searching for such a thing
> >> on the web. It is not turning up in google image searches since it is
> >> not typically rendered in some kind of image format.
> >>
> >> If anybody could point me to one, or send me one, I'd be very grateful.
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> -DaveK

> > Or if anybody knows where I can find an example of one on Cisco's
> > site...
> >

> Hi,
>
> Thats the only thing I could find that closely matches it -
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5931/index.html
>
> Cheers
>
> Matt

That's at least a step in the right direction. Thanks!