Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > flamingos love the 20D

Reply
Thread Tools

flamingos love the 20D

 
 
Dirty Harry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
yay, I got a 20d.
http://68.148.30.133/flam.jpg
http://68.148.30.133/flam2.jpg


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Celcius
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
Hi Dirty Harry!
Nice shots, but why the "sig"? Better someone copying it than showing a shot
with a "sig" throuh it.
My 2 cents
Marcel

"Dirty Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%V_oe.1587390$8l.1116891@pd7tw1no...
> yay, I got a 20d.
> http://68.148.30.133/flam.jpg
> http://68.148.30.133/flam2.jpg
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Marek M. \rogus\
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
Dirty Harry napisa³(a):
> yay, I got a 20d.

yay learn about exposure!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dirty Harry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005

"Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Dirty Harry!
> Nice shots, but why the "sig"? Better someone copying it than showing a

shot
> with a "sig" throuh it.
> My 2 cents
> Marcel
>
> "Dirty Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%V_oe.1587390$8l.1116891@pd7tw1no...
> > yay, I got a 20d.
> > http://68.148.30.133/flam.jpg
> > http://68.148.30.133/flam2.jpg


That was because I post in a different forum where I've had stupid kids take
my stuff. I try and keep them so they don't ruin the image. Thanks
--
www.harryphotos.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dirty Harry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005

"Marek M. "rogus"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d81v2u$o4f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dirty Harry napisa³(a):
> > yay, I got a 20d.

> yay learn about exposure!


yay, don't be an asshole!


 
Reply With Quote
 
seacrest
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005

"Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Dirty Harry!
> Nice shots, but why the "sig"? Better someone copying it than showing a

shot
> with a "sig" throuh it.
> My 2 cents
> Marcel
>
> "Dirty Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%V_oe.1587390$8l.1116891@pd7tw1no...
> > yay, I got a 20d.
> > http://68.148.30.133/flam.jpg
> > http://68.148.30.133/flam2.jpg
> >
> >

>
>


Amazing pictures. The 'sig' is a little distracting but I notice more and
more web photo's and artwork being stamped with a sig. I'm an artist and
have considered it myself but I think if someone wants to copy bad enough
they'll do it. I had someone come on my site and blatently admit she made
cards from my artwork. Shame, really, when that happens.





 
Reply With Quote
 
Owamanga
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:59:16 GMT, "seacrest" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Dirty Harry!
>> Nice shots, but why the "sig"? Better someone copying it than showing a

>shot
>> with a "sig" throuh it.
>> My 2 cents
>> Marcel
>>
>> "Dirty Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%V_oe.1587390$8l.1116891@pd7tw1no...
>> > yay, I got a 20d.
>> > http://68.148.30.133/flam.jpg
>> > http://68.148.30.133/flam2.jpg

>>

>Amazing pictures. The 'sig' is a little distracting


Well, no, it's more accurate to say "the sig ****s them up big time".

>but I notice more and
>more web photo's and artwork being stamped with a sig.


Rape is on the increase too. That doesn't make it a good idea.

> I'm an artist and
>have considered it myself but I think if someone wants to copy bad enough
>they'll do it. I had someone come on my site and blatently admit she made
>cards from my artwork. Shame, really, when that happens.


It leaves a bad taste in one's mouth, but does the possible theft by
one outweigh the viewing distraction of the many? Dirty Harry, who
himself stole his name from a film character seems to think so.

You can probably tell, I completely disagree with graffiti-ing your
own work using some feeble excuse that children might copy them.

In your case, although the girl who stole your artwork is a thief, did
her action damage you in any real way? Yes she profited from the
crime, but were you ever going to sell your images to those same
customers?

Copyright theft is wrong, no two ways about it. It's also a fact of
life and when it happens to you it might make you feel better to think
along the lines I'm suggesting.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
 
Reply With Quote
 
Marek M. \rogus\
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
Dirty Harry napisa³(a):
> yay, don't be an asshole!


ehhhh please have at least rudimenatry knowledge about manners and good
behaviour?

YOu should seriously take up some lessons on either correct exposing in
camera or using a photoedition tool such as gimp to correct the exposure
in your digital darkroom

regards be a neat guy!
 
Reply With Quote
 
SimonLW
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
"Owamanga" <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:59:16 GMT, "seacrest" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >"Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi Dirty Harry!
> >> Nice shots, but why the "sig"? Better someone copying it than showing a

> >shot
> >> with a "sig" throuh it.
> >> My 2 cents
> >> Marcel
> >>
> >> "Dirty Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:%V_oe.1587390$8l.1116891@pd7tw1no...
> >> > yay, I got a 20d.
> >> > http://68.148.30.133/flam.jpg
> >> > http://68.148.30.133/flam2.jpg
> >>

> >Amazing pictures. The 'sig' is a little distracting

>
> Well, no, it's more accurate to say "the sig ****s them up big time".
>
> >but I notice more and
> >more web photo's and artwork being stamped with a sig.

>
> Rape is on the increase too. That doesn't make it a good idea.
>
> > I'm an artist and
> >have considered it myself but I think if someone wants to copy bad enough
> >they'll do it. I had someone come on my site and blatently admit she

made
> >cards from my artwork. Shame, really, when that happens.

>
> It leaves a bad taste in one's mouth, but does the possible theft by
> one outweigh the viewing distraction of the many? Dirty Harry, who
> himself stole his name from a film character seems to think so.
>
> You can probably tell, I completely disagree with graffiti-ing your
> own work using some feeble excuse that children might copy them.
>
> In your case, although the girl who stole your artwork is a thief, did
> her action damage you in any real way? Yes she profited from the
> crime, but were you ever going to sell your images to those same
> customers?
>
> Copyright theft is wrong, no two ways about it. It's also a fact of
> life and when it happens to you it might make you feel better to think
> along the lines I'm suggesting.
>
> --
> Owamanga!
> http://www.pbase.com/owamanga


keeping the resolution low enough and the jpeg compression high, but not
distracting is good enough for most purposes. If they want the full
resolution image, they would have to ask for it.

Dirty H., Which lens did you use?
-S


 
Reply With Quote
 
seacrest
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005

"Owamanga" <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:59:16 GMT, "seacrest" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >"Celcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi Dirty Harry!
> >> Nice shots, but why the "sig"? Better someone copying it than showing a

> >shot
> >> with a "sig" throuh it.
> >> My 2 cents
> >> Marcel
> >>
> >> "Dirty Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:%V_oe.1587390$8l.1116891@pd7tw1no...
> >> > yay, I got a 20d.
> >> > http://68.148.30.133/flam.jpg
> >> > http://68.148.30.133/flam2.jpg
> >>

> >Amazing pictures. The 'sig' is a little distracting

>
> Well, no, it's more accurate to say "the sig ****s them up big time".
>
> >but I notice more and
> >more web photo's and artwork being stamped with a sig.

>
> Rape is on the increase too. That doesn't make it a good idea.
>
> > I'm an artist and
> >have considered it myself but I think if someone wants to copy bad enough
> >they'll do it. I had someone come on my site and blatently admit she

made
> >cards from my artwork. Shame, really, when that happens.

>
> It leaves a bad taste in one's mouth, but does the possible theft by
> one outweigh the viewing distraction of the many? Dirty Harry, who
> himself stole his name from a film character seems to think so.
>
> You can probably tell, I completely disagree with graffiti-ing your
> own work using some feeble excuse that children might copy them.
>
> In your case, although the girl who stole your artwork is a thief, did
> her action damage you in any real way? Yes she profited from the
> crime, but were you ever going to sell your images to those same
> customers?
>
> Copyright theft is wrong, no two ways about it. It's also a fact of
> life and when it happens to you it might make you feel better to think
> along the lines I'm suggesting.
>
> --
> Owamanga!
> http://www.pbase.com/owamanga


I do understand your point. No, there wasn't any real damage (in my case).
Actually, I was told by my art friends I should feel flattered but I was
more taken aback by her admission. I got over it. No sigs on my
artwork....however, I did consider it for a day or so.

Btw, I'm curious--how would you feel about this:

I had a look at your photographs on pbase. I paint and sketch Blue Herons
quite frequently so they caught my eye immediately. Your pictures are such
high quality but moreover, the compositions are excellent. Say an artist
decides to use one of your Herons for a painting, how would you feel? One
day you walk into a gallery and find your photograph has been turned into a
painting that's selling for X number of big dollars. Would you sue?

I'm asking this because I know artists that are copying pictures off the
internet from various sources and literally painting from those
pictures.....and selling them. And in this crowded market, they'll
probably never get caught.

Oh just some thoughts...not important. And sorry, not too applicable to
digital camera's, either.






 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flamingos philo Computer Support 4 11-27-2010 11:06 PM
Love love love imuaplease@gmail.com C++ 0 06-03-2009 02:53 AM
Re: Flamingos, storks and more... Annika1980 Digital Photography 5 05-28-2008 08:38 PM
I love my Xeon, I hate my Xeon, I love my Xeon... wewa Windows 64bit 9 11-10-2005 06:39 PM
Win a love actually Love Pack MaG DVD Video 0 05-05-2004 04:48 PM



Advertisments