Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Configuration Advice please

Wireless Configuration Advice please

=?Utf-8?B?SnZlbmFibGVz?=

Looking for advice on setting up my wireless network in the house. I bought a
Dlink DI-624 Wireless broadband router which my PC is attached to via
ethernet cable, my router is then connected to my broadband modem via
ethernet cable. All this works okay. What I am trying to do is connect my
company laptop to my network via wireless card. When I insert my wireless
card, i can surf the internet through my cable modem okay. But I am trying to
figure out how to get my laptop to talk to my home pc, i.e. share drives & my
home printer which is connected to my pc via usb. My company laptop requires
me to log into it using a DOMAIN even when in standalone modem. I am
permanently based at a customers site and therefore connect to the office
network via IVPN. The sequence of events for this is to login to the laptop
which includes the company domain & once on the laptop locally, I then login
to the IVPN client which then logs me off & has me login back into the laptop
using the same details. Once this happens the machine then logs onto the
company network as well as the laptop. Various different people have advised
that this setup is what is stopping me from seeing my home PC when I try to
connect via wireless, can you advise if this is the case & if so, how can I
connect to my home pc for sharing devices...

Jack

Hi
May be this can Help.
Wireless- Basic: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html