Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Great Blue Heron -- I believe

Great Blue Heron -- I believe

Robert R Kircher, Jr.

Don't get many opportunities like this in the big city, but I was walking
along the Potomac near Georgetown and I spotted what I believe is a Blue
Heron.

Sorry for the grain but it was dusk so I had to pump up the ISO to 800.

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384048
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384049
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384050
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384051

Rob

Owamanga

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:22:08 -0400, "Robert R Kircher, Jr."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Don't get many opportunities like this in the big city, but I was walking
>along the Potomac near Georgetown and I spotted what I believe is a Blue
>Heron.
>
>Sorry for the grain but it was dusk so I had to pump up the ISO to 800.
>
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384048
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384049
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384050
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384051

It is indeed the Great Blue. Not uncommon here in S.Florida.

Nice birds to shoot because they remain fairly still for the majority
of the time.

Check here to see what they look like newborn:
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga/image/40645296

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

Morton Klotz

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Don't get many opportunities like this in the big city, but I was walking
>along the Potomac near Georgetown and I spotted what I believe is a Blue
>Heron.
>
>Sorry for the grain but it was dusk so I had to pump up the ISO to 800.
>
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384048
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384049
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384050
>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/44384051