Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > FR BECN/FECN packets count

FR BECN/FECN packets count

Igor Mamuzic

If I don't have FRTS implemented on my FR config, should I anyway see any
BECN/FECN packets (if congestion occurs) received from my FR carrier? Let's
assume that my carrier supports FR congestion notification messages...

B.R.
Igor

Omadon

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 18:13:22 +0100, Igor Mamuzic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> If I don't have FRTS implemented on my FR config, should I anyway see any
> BECN/FECN packets (if congestion occurs) received from my FR carrier? Let's
> assume that my carrier supports FR congestion notification messages...

Yes and it works with T-COM...

--
Dee Dee: You need a character too.
Dexter: I want to be Gygex, the 27th level warrior mage with

Vincent C Jones

Omadon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 18:13:22 +0100, Igor Mamuzic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> If I don't have FRTS implemented on my FR config, should I anyway see any
>> BECN/FECN packets (if congestion occurs) received from my FR carrier? Let's
>> assume that my carrier supports FR congestion notification messages...

>Yes and it works with T-COM...

You can see if you have received any FECNs or BECNs by using the
"show frame-relay pvc" command. Just remember that without FRTS,
while the FECNs and BECNs will have no impact on what you send,
they are still a warning that the service provider has the right
to discard any frames sent in excess of your service agreement.

Good luck and have fun!
http://www.networkingunlimited.com

Igor Mamuzic

Thanks for answers.... I thought so, I asked because I saw that my router
receives FECN packets, but not BECN's and despite of that I'm pretty sure
that I sometimes generate congestive outbound traffic. If this is so, and
congestion somewhere in the FR cloud occurred then this means that the other
end (SP router) of my PVC isn't configured for FR traffic shaping....True?

B.R.
Igor

news:dkldjk$bt6$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr...