Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX firewall, router and IAS RADIUS NAS-PORT

PIX firewall, router and IAS RADIUS NAS-PORT

MCJonny

Hi everybody,
i'm using a IAS W3K to authenticate VPN CLient user to PIX and Cisco
837 router.
Now I also want to use RADIUS for management Telnet and I want to
configure a RAP on IAS wich could be used for this purpouse.
The problem is that in my W3K IAS there are no difference between
telnet user and VPN user:
Both have: the same (looking at the IAS logging)
NAS-PORT-TYPE=Virtual
Authentication=PAP
and if I look at the NAS-PORT i can notice that every time it's a
random number between 1 and 5 both fot telnet user and for vpn user.
Actually I have no possibility to differentiate user as the seem to
have all the same attribute.
Especially I wonder why my PIX 501 (6.3) and my Cisco 837 use a random
NAS-PORT-TyPE (1 to 5 ) and don't use the classic 500 for VPN and 68
for telnet.

Can anyone help me?
Thaks
Scialator