Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Lexar versus Sandisk

Lexar versus Sandisk

m.ramana@gmail.com

Guys can you please provide feedback on which secure digital card to
buy Lexar or Sandisk.
I want good writing/reading speed.
Lexus is costly most the times, does it mean it is good???
Looking for feedback....

David J Taylor

> Guys can you please provide feedback on which secure digital card to
> buy Lexar or Sandisk.
> I want good writing/reading speed.
> Lexus is costly most the times, does it mean it is good???
> Looking for feedback....

For what it's worth, I've been pleased with both the SanDisk Ultra II and
the Kingmax Platinum:

http://www.kingmaxdigi.com/news/news..._p20040303.htm

Both offer 10Mb/s read and 9MB/s write.

David

Victor

Is lexar not good to consider as an option at if price is not the
issue???.
I guess, I will have to go for SanDisk.

livan44@hotmail.com

Victor, we've always used Lexar which is a great brand.. We currently
have about 30gb worth of Lexar cards out in the hands of novices that
do not take care of their equipment (by the looks of their cameras when
they come back) and never one lost photo.

Personally I just purchased a DSLR with a Sandisk Ultra II 1gb card in
the package. To keep everything the same I purchased another Sandisk
Ultra II 1gb which worked great in the camera, and gladly accepted a
full card of photos.. When I tried to transfer the data to the computer
via the camera or their 12-in-1 Sandisk Reader I kept getting erorrs
(Cyclic redundancy check in the reader in windows). Straight out of the
package, first time any photos were taken, and yes, I did format the
card in the camera.. It wasnt even a bad format, re-formatted a few
different ways and still no luck.

I lost about an hours worth of shooting, something I was able to get
back, but this problem (probablly one in a thousand, million?) sadly
this one instance ruined Sandisk for me. And while these 1gb cards (I
replaced the bad one) will work fine as backups, I have two 4gb Lexars
on order that will be my primary cards.

Again, its hit or miss - Lexar and SanDisk have been compared as the
top two brands.. Its all luck too, pick one of these companies and
you'll be fine. While you cant protect from the occasional bad card,
the companies are large enought that you'll get easy support and a
replacement if necessary.

Victor wrote:
> Is lexar not good to consider as an option at if price is not the
> issue???.
> I guess, I will have to go for SanDisk.

Ron

My first Sandisk went south right away and they replaced it within about
three weeks. Have had perfect luck
with Lexar and PNY. Am now running around with a Sandisk 1 gig so hope
my luck with that brand improves.

/r

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Victor, we've always used Lexar which is a great brand.. We currently
> have about 30gb worth of Lexar cards out in the hands of novices that
> do not take care of their equipment (by the looks of their cameras when
> they come back) and never one lost photo.
>
> Personally I just purchased a DSLR with a Sandisk Ultra II 1gb card in
> the package. To keep everything the same I purchased another Sandisk
> Ultra II 1gb which worked great in the camera, and gladly accepted a
> full card of photos.. When I tried to transfer the data to the computer
> via the camera or their 12-in-1 Sandisk Reader I kept getting erorrs
> (Cyclic redundancy check in the reader in windows). Straight out of the
> package, first time any photos were taken, and yes, I did format the
> card in the camera.. It wasnt even a bad format, re-formatted a few
> different ways and still no luck.
>
> I lost about an hours worth of shooting, something I was able to get
> back, but this problem (probablly one in a thousand, million?) sadly
> this one instance ruined Sandisk for me. And while these 1gb cards (I
> replaced the bad one) will work fine as backups, I have two 4gb Lexars
> on order that will be my primary cards.
>
> Again, its hit or miss - Lexar and SanDisk have been compared as the
> top two brands.. Its all luck too, pick one of these companies and
> you'll be fine. While you cant protect from the occasional bad card,
> the companies are large enought that you'll get easy support and a
> replacement if necessary.
>
> Victor wrote:
>
>>Is lexar not good to consider as an option at if price is not the
>>issue???.
>>I guess, I will have to go for SanDisk.

Nostrobino

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Guys can you please provide feedback on which secure digital card to
> buy Lexar or Sandisk.
> I want good writing/reading speed.
> Lexus is costly most the times, does it mean it is good???
> Looking for feedback....

I use Lexar, Sandisk, Kingston and Viking cards in both SecureDigital and
CompactFlash, and so far have had no trouble with any of them. I have seen a
few complaints about failures with Sandisk in certain size cards, while I
have not seen anything but compliments for Lexar. But again, personally I
have had no problems with any of those brands. Usually which brand I buy
depends on which has the lowest price or best rebate at the time.

N.